Why does Journee exist?
We started Journee because we believe travel makes better people.
We believe that travel has the power to change you. To take you on a journey of personal growth. To make you happier and more at peace with yourself. We believe the true joy of travel often comes from moments of spontaneity. Especially when it leads to the discovery of a hidden gem or an exciting experience that's treasured forever. Done right, a trip to an interesting and unique destination will break down prejudices and broaden horizons. Travel makes the world a more understanding and accepting place.
However, travel is broken.
Like you, many times in the past we’ve set out to explore the world, seeking new experiences to free our mind from the stress and routine of normal life. And like you, we’ve fallen into the usual travel traps. Package tours that didn’t reflect our true travel style or bespoke agencies that were heavy on the pocket. Going it alone isn't much better. The stress of sifting through a mountain of online information and the painful task of booking everything.
There's a better way.
We believe there’s a better way of experiencing the magic of travel. A way to discover interesting and unique destinations. A way to explore and absorb the beauty of cultures different from ours.
Our travel experts will carefully match you with an interesting destination based on your travel profile. We'll then plan and book an exciting, experiential trip. The trip will remain a mystery until the last moment. You just need to turn up to the airport ready to explore.
With Journee, we’re doing travel the way it should be - easy, exciting and experiential.
How does Journee work?
Our Explorers fill in our 15-minute Trip Matchmaker form to build their travel personality. It includes budget, dates, where they don't want to go, and most importantly, the things they like to do when you travel.
We then match them with an interesting destination and exciting trip based on their travel personality. We book and organise everything whilst sending fun clues to keep them guessing.
They then turn up to the airport X days later and reveal where they’re going!
What is this position?
We’re already doing things differently in the world of travel and we want our brand and content to be a reflection of that. We also know that incredible content is really hard to consistently pull off. If we get it right, it will be a huge growth driver for us.
So, as Journee’s first full-time marketing hire, you will play a big role in this. You will be responsible for creating our brand voice and developing and executing a content marketing plan across many channels, including performance marketing.
As a member of the founding team, you will be involved in long-term strategy as well as highly tactical day-to-day execution. This is a rare opportunity to help an early-stage, mission-driven company grow.
- Creating a world-class brand from the very beginning
- Develop a content marketing plan and goals, and execute against both
- Work with freelancers to develop content that delights online travel communities
- Optimise and experiment with our website to increase conversion
- Own and experiment with email communications with potential Explorers in our funnel
- Grow our brand following through content creation, email marketing and social engagement
- Perform market research and speak to our Explorers to understand messaging effectiveness to evolve our brand, marketing touchpoints and improve overall conversion
- Managing paid promotion of our content across Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.
Winning-factors. Must have qualifications:
- 2+ years of growth/marketing experience at a fast-growing consumer-facing company
- Experience working across a wide variety of marketing channels within a startup environment with limited resources
- Articulate storyteller - must be able to both speak and write with passion and clarity
- Creative understanding - knows the importance of a strong brand aesthetic
- Analytically minded - must be able to understand and leverage data to drive impactful growth
- Deadline-driven - you can move fast to produce impactful work
- Able to break down complex concepts and explain them simply
- Excited about taking ownership and rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- An obsessively organised self-starter
- A passionate traveller
- Be part of the founding team to build a travel brand as big as Airbnb
- Generous equity percentage
- Mingle with a thriving community of startups at our co-working space, Mainyard Studios
- Flexible working hours - not everyone is a morning person
- Free tea, coffee, and snacks every day and lunches on Wednesdays
- Regular events and talks as a part of Mainyard Studios