We are looking for a Head of Marketing who:
- has practical skills to implement marketing and communication activities listed below, and can start hands on them before building a team
- will build and lead a team responsible for all our marketing activities (3 before end 2022, to grow)
- will develop our marketing strategy in the long term
Marketing strategy at Mekanika
Our marketing strategy is mainly digital and highly based on data and word of mouth. We focus on a pay-it-forward and product first strategy :
- bringing qualitative free content online with strong SEO
- developing awareness with meaningful content partnerships
- developing spaces for interacting and advising potential future users, to favour strong word of mouth
- running sharp and cost-effective ads campaigns.
We use tools like Segment, Ahrefs, Customer.io and Typeform to properly collect and analyse data to optimize our marketing actions, Adobe suite and in-house studio for high impact content creation, Zapier to automate actions and Front to unify customer communication.
Your responsibilities will include both operational and strategic actions.
1/ Operational (first alone, then with a team)
- pick up and scale existing marketing strategies (content creation, SEO and web pages optimization, influencing, ads)
- develop our communication strategies (social media and email)
- Develop plans to establish our brand as n°1 in each of our sectors while staying consistent across all channels and products.
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts to boost brand awareness.
- Structure and develop our content and web resources with internal and external support.
- Set up marketing goals and allocate resources to reach them (in direct collaboration with the CEO)
- Develop a marketing hiring plan (in direct collaboration with the CEO)
- Monitor and report goals of the team
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features)
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual, with proven experience and a high level of creativity, ready to involve herself/himself in an exciting and growing company.
Our team is young - with a median age of 30 - and we have a very committed but flexible work culture. We are a team of curious and creative people with good communication skills.
We’re looking for someone that has the following skillset :
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position, with track record
- Strong interest for making, machines and manufacturing, and willingness to learn technical knowledge linked to our activity
- Ability to manage people and help them grow
- Ability to develop complex data structures and base decisions on them
- Great FR and EN proficiency (oral and written) - NL is a plus
- Experience using our existing tools is a plus (especially Adobe suite)
What we offer
- Full time contract, based in Brussels (close to midi station, easy access by bike, public transport or car).
- Competitive salary and package.
- 25 days of annual leave
- Opportunity to grow a team in the short term and be a key employee in a fast-growing company.
- Access (and encouragement) to learn and use Mekanika’s machine park for personal projects.
- Starting ASAP.