We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (fFor example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
At Glovo, we are currently looking for an Economics graduate with several years of experience on the financial field and with a passion for dynamic & fast paced environments to join us as the new Head of Finance & Strategy in our Italy HQ, Milan.
- GM right-hand in any strategic and finance topic
- Report to HQ on the financial and accounting statements
- Set and review country and department targets
- Help the GM in setting the 70/20/10 strategy of the Country
- Lead cross functional projects to improve profitability
- Oversee treasury and supporting in monitoring financial policies
- Coordinate the preparation of Financial Statements
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual finance and accounting reports and analysis (P&L and BS).
- Prepare analysis and justifications of real data, forecasts, and deviations
- Lead the relationship with third parties: external auditors, administrations, external consultants,
- Analyze of procedures and external audit - Contributing to the continuous improvement of the processes promoting solutions to possible problems detected and reduce manual tasks
- Optimize the fiscal policy of the company: VAT tax knowledge, IIBB Multilateral Agreement
- Ad hoc analysis to provide the different managers with information for decision making
- Study the viability - reports of investments/projects, strategic reorientation, etc
- Assess new business opportunities and new vertical development (mobility, laundry, ..)
- Incubate and lead the launch of new projects in the Country (Private Labels, Virtual brands, ..)
- +6 years of work experience providing internal teams with the necessary data to make the right decisions
- Minimum of 4/5 years of experience according to the position
- Knowledge of advanced Excel
- Be a graduate student in Economics (preferably a Public Accountant or Business Administration) or Engineering
- Experience in similar sectors or technology companies will be valued
- Advanced English
- Analytical profile, goal-oriented, and teamwork
- Advanced accounting and finance knowledge
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.