Who we are
Globacap is a young and innovative FinTech company headquartered in London. We help businesses reach their goals faster by simplifying and driving efficiency in private capital markets through two products: Fundraising Management and Cap Table Management.
We also love technology and believe that emerging technologies will help us better shape the future, so we harvest the power of Blockchain to make our platform best-in-class.
Do you have both imagination and knowledge, like taking ownership and seeing the rewards of your hard work, and want to be part of a rapidly growing company? We’d love to have you join the team.
We are on the hunt for an outstanding, entrepreneurial, execution-focused Head of Engineering to lead the continual build out of our platform products. This is a hands-on role, leading a team of internal and external developers.
What we require:
- Be highly proficient full stack programmer, ideally with experience of both dynamic and statically typed languages
- Have an understanding and experience in developing cloud-native architectures and infrastructure, distributed systems, and operating of those systems in a production setting
- Have experience with building multi-layered API and microservices architectures
- Be proficiency with the most common web and software development patterns and frameworks
- Have experience with identifying, evaluating, and removing blockers for engineering teams
- Proficient in Ruby (and Rails)
The perfect candidate will also:
- Understand Blockchain Networks and familiarity with Hyperledger Fabric
- Be experienced in working with AWS and IBM Cloud
- Be experienced and understand Agile software methodology
The perfect candidate can anticipate technical obstacles and ensure our platform design is “future-proof”. You will have proven management experience and had repeatable successes with the solutions you have co-ordinated and deployed. You will have a deep technical understanding, whilst also being able to fully understand the bigger picture. You will be extremely organised, have superior problem-solving skills and be able to deliver results quickly. You are not afraid to experiment and fail, learn fast and adapt quickly.
What you’ll do
- Drive and co-ordinate the development of our platform on a day to day basis, delivering real results, anticipating obstacles, and designing solutions to best address future needs
- Co-ordinate a team of both internal and external (remotely located) developers
- Contribute to the success of Globacap by evangelising our product, our team and our brand in various technical arenas
- Work collaboratively across teams, including marketing, product development and customer services
- Review the engineering structure and define a long term fit for purpose strategy
- Assess technology options to deliver for the future
- Inherit, manage and recruit new technical resource
- Support teams in building out a cutting-edge platform allowing for high scalability, reliability and performance and enabling collaboration and reuse across the organisation
What you’ll bring
In order to be considered for this role, you must have prior experience as a Head of Engineering, and demonstrate:
- A strategic, methodical approach
- An ability to make technology simple; to be able to explain technology to non-technical staff, board members and outside parties.
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Be able to prioritise tasks and use own initiative
- Have an efficient and simplistic approach to your work
- Act with utmost integrity and be execution driven
- Use lateral thinking along with your own unique perspective
- Excellent English language skills
- A positive hands-on and “yes, we can” approach
Technologies we use
- AWS & IBM
- Ruby + React web platform
- Hyperledger blockchain
Why work for us
You will enjoy a collaborative and supportive working environment, with a flat structure, flexible working, unlimited holidays, a personal training budget and share options.
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Company pension