“Online business lending with the X-factor” - The Times
We believe that finance has moved on with technology - and we’re here to make it work better for businesses. We want to help entrepreneurs spend more time on ideas and less time worrying about their cash flow.
So what makes us different? With our smart online platform, we’re making it quick and easy for UK companies to access business finance. But it’s not just about the tech. Our people are our greatest asset and one of the best things about working at MarketInvoice.
We’re a team of bright and talented people from all over the world, who work together to get things done. Positivity is key to our culture, which means we support each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
At MarketInvoice, the opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition. We challenge ourselves to learn more and to think in different ways. In fintech, things move quickly - but that’s part of the adventure.
Our values matter and as part of the team, they’ll be yours too.
#MakeItHappen | #1Team1Dream | #AlwaysBeLearning
Hear from our Co-Founder, Anil Stocker, on his favourite MarketInvoice moment:https://medium.com/@anilstocker/my-favourite-momen...
This critical role is focused on risk management strategy and is ideal for a relatively experienced person looking to bring best practices to and have a profound impact on a growing organisation. You will report to the CSO and be part of our Data Science team and your role will be to champion MarketInvoice’s credit function.
As Head of Credit, you will play a key role in building and managing the strategy and the risk management capabilities for our suite of financial products. Working with our data scientists, you will play a key role in developing our credit models and other decisioning tools to inform our credit risk management strategy. You will also work closely with the Head of Risk in setting credit policies and building end-to-end credit processes & procedures and monitoring the performance of the policies you have collaborated on over time.
You will provide subject matter expertise in SME credit risk management and will be key in guiding colleagues across the business to ensure that our business goals are reached without compromising on MarketInvoice’s strong reputation for risk management.
- Ownership of the risk management process for Business Loans (including credit and underwriting strategies)
- Input into the Business Loans product vision and strategy, including positioning, customer acquisition, key terms and features roadmap
- Work with our product, tech and data science teams, as well as external suppliers, to build leading automated decisioning tools and credit risk models
- Development of other relevant credit models (with support from our Data Science team)
- Take charge of reporting of portfolio performance across various products. Prepare board-level management information on performance of risk management.
- Over time building and leading a team of credit analysts
- Provide coaching, development and mentoring for colleagues across the business
- Support the collections, recoveries and customer success teams
- Expert in credit risk management in the SME sector with particular focus on unsecured business loans.
- Strong level of experience in working with a data science team to develop and implement scaleable credit decisioning strategies.
- Ability to shape credit risk management strategy and inform product feature development from the risk perspective.
- Ability to work in a team, prioritise projects and manage multiple stakeholders. High level of expertise in aligning risk management and wider business goals.
- Experience working with underwriting teams to implement credit risk management strategies.
- Experience in building and managing teams of credit analysts.
- Experience in managing fraud risk beneficial.
- Competitive salary
- Best in class share options scheme
- Innovation Days
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Amazon Kindle and ebooks
- Clear career progression
- Private health coverage and half-price Virgin Active gym membership
- Mentoring from industry leaders
- The opportunity to progress your career at one of the UK’s hottest FinTech companies
- 25 days annual leave per year, plus birthday off!
- A great office (complete with roof terrace, ping pong, table football and beer fridge) in the heart of Shoreditch.
If this amazing role excites you, then get in touch ASAP!
We will do our best to reply to all applications, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.
How will we use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes. We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation. If you would like further information on how your data may be used please visit our website at https://www.marketinvoice.com/terms-and-conditions
If you are unhappy with the use of your data, you can change your mind at any time by emailing [email protected]
For more information on the role and MarketInvoice, please visit https://marketinvoice.workable.com/jobs/608257