You’re interested in joining a small but growing international media & events company in Barcelona?
Menlo Media is the company behind EU-Startups.com (the leading news publication focusing on startups in Europe), and organizer of the annual EU-Startups Summit. Founded in 2010, EU-Startups today reaches over 550K page views per month.
To further grow our content efforts and reach, we’re looking for a proactive, smart and hard-working Head of Content.
Your main tasks would be:
- To lead our content creation and audience development efforts for EU-Startups.com
- Daily reporting about the most exciting startup news from across Europe
- Creation of evergreen content that is interesting for our audience
- Managing our Europe-wide network of contributors
- Other content & communications related tasks
Since we're a very small team, we’re rather looking for a generalist instead of a specialist. Eventually, this entry role could lead you to become our future Editor-in-Chief – depending on your strengths, plans and dreams.
Preferably you have the following skills/experience:
- You’re capable of and interested in creating kick-ass content - every day!
- You’re a native English speaker, or you’ll at least have close to native speaker English skills. Spanish, German, or French would be a plus.
- PR / Events Communication experience (preferably with hands-on experience from other tech/startup conferences)
- You’re familiar with the common startup & tech terminology
- You have basic or advanced knowledge regarding WordPress, SEO, MS office, Google docs,…
- You’re excited about startups, Europe’s future, innovation and technology!
Also, you should be based in Barcelona or be willing to relocate here.
Please be aware that we’re looking for a team member interested in joining us long-term, not just for a few months or 1-2 years. Let's grow together and build something great! 🙂
The starting date would be October 1st, 15, or November 1st.
We’re looking forward to your application. Please also make sure to mention your desired salary.