Dashboard is at the forefront of industrial process/infrastructure monitoring, capitalising on the IoT (Internet of Things) revolution. Harnessing innovations in electronics manufacturing, communications and enterprise cloud technologies, continuous real-time monitoring has become a reality. Facilitating change and empowering customers seeking to increase efficiency and gain competitive advantage is now here. Petrochemical pipeline leaks and ruptures, resulting from structural failure, corrosion, vandalism and theft, can be reported 24/7 whether in the field on a mobile device or in an office half a world away.
A company of ambition is nothing without the right team to deliver it and we are looking for people to join us. We are committed to delivering a better digital future for our customers and their customers.
- Selfless commitment – Selfless commitment to our success
- Integrity – Honest in our beliefs, in our actions, in our promises
- Agility – We are nimble, quick and exact on delivering our commitments
- Excellence – Be the best we can be
- Collaboration – Embrace collaboration with colleagues and customers
Job title: Hardware Engineer
Location: Exeter office with occasional home working possible
Reports to: Engineering Manager
At Dashboard, we’re committed to enabling and delivering the next generation of IoT capability to the industrial and energy sectors. As a Hardware Engineer within the Dashboard team, you will be responsible and accountable for an area of hardware development. This will include one or more of, communications, power, or other digital circuitry, and could also include some or all of the associated firmware used within each subsystem.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a competent electronic engineer, ideally with a degree in electronic engineering or a similar discipline (relevant experience alone will also be considered). Experience in design for manufacturing is particularly desired.
Dashboard is a late-stage startup, and as such responsibilities are likely to change as the company expands. A strong candidate will readily adapt to new technical roles and challenges.
- Contribute to high-level discussions on hardware development.
- Assist with the design and prototyping of new electronic hardware systems.
- Hand/Pick and place components and soldering.
- Fault finding and testing of electronic prototypes and PCBs.
- Final design and validation of PCBs for manufacture.
Hardware Engineers, Project Manager, Engineering Manager, Product/Marketing/Commercial Team, Support Team.
Knowledge & Experience
- Min 2 years experience as an Electronics Development Engineer.
- Product design and DFM experience, including PCB design.
- Experienced in product compliance and component selection.
- Ability and willingness to continually learn new skills as needed.
- A good communicator, able to write clear and comprehensive reports.
- Experience in writing MCU firmware.
- Experience and knowledge of encryption implementation.
- Communications hardware design.
- Industrial instrumentation, control or IoT experience.
- Degree in Electronics, Physics, Computer Science or similar.
- AND / OR substantial verifiable experience.
- Full Life-cycle Hardware Design.
- Circuit design software.
- PCB design software.
- C and C++ programming.
As part of the interview process, we would like to discuss examples of previous development projects you have completed in python.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure this job description provides a comprehensive overview of the responsibilities of this role, all employees may be required to undertake other reasonable tasks as requested from time to time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age