Technology Services at QBE is changing - fast. In a world that also throws out it’s unexpected twists and turns, QBE technology has been pushed to the forefront of the business value chain.
QBE’s investment in its platform and services have created a natural continuity environment that has elevated technology delivery even closer to the heart of its business value chain.
This also allows its colleagues to set themselves up for a true work / life balance approach to their day to day and a healthy appetite for discovery, innovation, and continuous improvement.
If office life is your thing, QBETech Services have a brand new shiny one! Based in the heart of Docklands, this has been designed around collaborative working and harbouring a culture more akin to that of a start-up.
It needs to be seen to be appreciated. "Wows" and "Ooohhs" to be expected.
Our journey continues and the need for future proof thinking is greater than ever. Understanding the business needs and desired outcomes remains of upmost importance and will be key to the next phases of both of our growth as professionals.
The Opportunity :
The role will include master data management (TibcoEBX) and data quality (TBC) application ownership and SME, Master Data Management and Data Quality training and education, group-level Master Data Management / Data Quality operations and reporting, global working group facilitation (developing frameworks, strategy and roadmaps, best practices, policies, standards, processes), driving adoption with global partners and product ownership.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to :
- Development of master data management and data quality guiding principles, strategy, policies, and roadmap
- Drive the global master data management and data quality communities to support divisional and group objectives
- Act as, and provide SME knowledge in the master data management and data quality fields
- Act as the master data management (TibcoEBX) and data quality (TBC) platform product / application owner, and develop and support various working groups to support the master data management (TibcoEBX) and data quality implementations
- Support the development, application and monitoring of master data management and data quality assessment processes and checkpoints to manage data effectively
- Manage reporting to governance forums, key stakeholders, and management
- Identify and advocate for opportunities to improve master data management and data quality through changes in processes and systems and engaging in activities that measurably improve the quality of data
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience :
- Excellent knowledge of master data management and data quality principles and systems
- Relevant experience in a master data lead / manager role
- Experience within Financial Services preferable
- Extensive experience with data matching / merging, validation, survivorship, hierarchy management, data integration and modelling etc.
and related policies, procedures, and controls
- Extensive experience with data profiling, rules management, scoring, integration etc. and related policies, procedures, and controls
- Proven ability to implement and maintain data governance principles in a complex business environment
- TibcoEBX experience preferred
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce.
QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job.
We’re 'Happy to talk Flexible Working’ .
If you are serious about your technology career and disrupting the lumbering 'norm’ that is synonymous with financial services IT, then please apply today.