Do you want to help shape local democracy for the digital age? You've come to the right place.
CitizenLab introduces an improved way of local democracy for the digital era. Our SaaS platform, used by already over 100 European cities and municipalities, facilitates a two-way communication between the city and its citizens. We're on a mission to empower many more citizens and give them a direct say in their town hall's decisions, while helping governments take smarter policy decisions.
Country Manager Netherlands
We are looking for a result-driven sales manager to lead our expansion into the Netherlands. You care deeply about the future of our democracy and have a keen interest in working with the public sector.
- Craft and implement sales plans to ensure the growth of our customer base.
- Create new sales opportunities by networking, attending fairs, meetings, social media, and more.
- Track and present sales results and forecasts.
- Build lasting customer relationships and understand their needs.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts to achieve long-term success, from implementation to renewal.
- Help perfect our current sales process into something repeatable.
- Identify industry trends and shifts. Adjust to acquire growth while retaining our company’s values.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working in sales or similar.
- Enthusiasm, humour, empathy, and the ability to convey this through phone, email and in-person communication.
- People have to enjoy talking to you. And you have to enjoy talking with them.
- Hungry to learn and teach. We invest heavily in making each other better.
- Bias towards immediate action and results. You’ve got to love measuring your own progress.
- Willingness to take responsibility and accountability that comes with the autonomy you’ll get as Country Manager.
- You have experience either working with/in the public sector. And a big appetite to improve public services!
- Strong network in public sector in the Netherlands is a big plus.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have an impact at scale. We're daily working with +100 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to scaleup.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment—right in the heart of Brussels.
- Be part of our dynamic European team. We organise many team activities and go for lots of spontaneous after-works... which inevitably turn into political discussions after two beers—that's an interest we all share. 🙂
- Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, your own laptop, flexibility on working from home, and more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.