About Glovo :
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city.
We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact.
It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example : she / her / hers, he / him / his, they / them / theirs, etc).
Your work-life opportunity :
Glovo Ventures (GV) is an accelerator program for restaurant partners: the initiative aims to ensure restaurant’s success by accelerating their growth, helping them to scale locally and internationally while improving their unit economics and reducing the risk of failure.
We want to give back to the restaurant community by helping them to thrive in the delivery industry and bring their businesses to the next level.
The Glovo Ventures program will give access to most promising & innovative restaurant concepts to a dynamic ecosystem that links restaurateurs with investors, FoodTech advisors and industry experts while providing cutting-edge tools to support their project.
We are looking for a Glovo Food Ventures Lead that will help us in building and scaling this exciting vertical!
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, results-oriented, analytical and also be passionate about operation, technology and innovation.
You will be leading the Glovo Ventures strategy and execution, coaching a portfolio of restaurants towards scale and success, based on your own experience, and combined with Glovo’s proven blueprints and knowledge.
Be a part of a team where you will :
- Participating in the Glovo Ventures program strategy, developing the brand awareness & defining the ecosystem dynamics
- Set requirements for the accelerator program and supervise the mentoring and strategy execution
- Building relations and managing key stakeholders such as mentors, restaurateurs and investors to ensure a first-class experience for them, keeping them updated about program performance, risks, strategy and objectives;
- Leading and overseeing scouting, selecting and onboarding the best restaurant concepts for investment;
- Taking part of defining a robust investment and transaction decision-making process and capital allocation;
- Playing an active role in portfolio management to ensure value creation for restaurant partners and Glovo at portfolio level;
- Preparing and presenting attractive investment recommendations and overseeing timely and compliant deal execution;
- Develop strategies to convert investments into the greatest ventures and support continuous improvement towards processes and practices that shorten the time to investment;
- Build, train and lead your own team from scratch to ensure program scalability both nationally and internationally
You have :
- 4+ years of experience in high demanding positions (fast paced company, operations, technology, entrepreneurship, food tech)
- A deep knowledge and interest in the restaurant and/or food tech industry. You understand how restaurant business works and how to make it scalable, disruptive and successful.
Strong analytical skills are a must
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise and multitask, to work well under pressure and to handle multiple issues simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- You have work directly or indirectly in the food industry
- Be resilient, impossible is not Glovo. You make everything happen
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
Experience our Glovo Life benefits :
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work with energy, innovation and passion for what we do. We are committed.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, and abilities.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes.
Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://about.glovoapp.com/
This employer is a corporate member of my Gwork, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.