At Ecolab, making the world a cleaner, safer place is our business. We are committed to providing our customers with the most effective and efficient cleaning & disinfection, food safety, and infection control programs available.
Ecolab is a company committed to growth and we believe that our Marketing Department is one of the keys to our success. As a marketing function we are committed to driving growth while providing individuals with a range of developmental career opportunities. The members of our marketing team have an opportunity to help our customers meet their goals, differentiate Ecolab from our competition and impact the achievement of our aggressive growth targets.
Ecolab Life Sciences is a relatively new division formed to develop and commercialize cleaning & disinfection solutions for Global manufacturers of Pharmaceutical and Personal Care, Health and Beauty products. Ecolab Life Sciences provides differentiated solutions along with a wide variety of technical and validation services for this $5B global market.
We are seeking an extraordinary Global Segment Marketing Manager – remote working from across Europe to join this start-up team in a big organization. The Global Segment Marketing Manager for the Pharmaceutical and Cleanroom segments will be responsible for commanding a deep understanding of market dynamics, the competitive landscape, and the necessary tactics to grow our global share with industry-leading pharmaceutical manufactures. As a Marketing Manager on this team, you will work closely with cross functional teams including Consumer Insights, Marketing Communications, Globalization, Innovation, RD&E, Regulatory, Training and Field/Corporate Sales team to lead segment activities.
Strategy and Planning
- Create strategies to grow share with Corporate and Regional Accounts in each segment(s)
- Coordinate with regions and functions to implement strategic marketing driven initiatives (branding, market sizing, regulatory, etc.)
- Partner closely with the regions to collect and synthesize competitive intelligence and develop strategies to operationalize competitive responses globally
- Work with regional leadership teams to identify strategic business opportunities that drive GAINS and GROWTH in new spaces
- Ensure strong communications strategy and partner with Marketing Communications to execute branding activities globally
- Lead activities and workstream with Customer Insights team to stay on the cutting edge of market dynamics and trends impacting segment(s)
- Develop segment-centric sales tools to help capture and communicate Ecolab Life Sciences Value Proposition
- Lead innovation, when applicable, through the Development and Market Test phase for Global initiatives
- Maintain understanding of global price architecture and impacts across regions
- Work with R&D, Sales and global marketing team to identify portfolio gaps and work with the Product Portfolio team to fill them
- Master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or advanced scientific degree (Master’s or PhD) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmacy, Biomedical Engineering, etc
- Background in marketing and business development
- Specific technical knowledge or experience in areas such as large or small molecule manufacturing
- Must have demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Effective oral and written communication skills, good attention to detail, and well-developed leadership qualities
- Fluency in English
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences or engineering, with experience in laboratory settings
- Based in EU or UK
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.