Global Consulting - Commercial Motor Consultant in Insurance Solutions (m / f / d)
Location Munich , Germany Global Consulting is one of Munich Re's areas of strategic growth.
We are a trusted risk advisor in primary insurance focused on improving our client's portfolio performance and helping them create and execute new business opportunities.
Our main goal is to enrich Munich Re's value proposition to increase the profitability of the existing reinsurance business and to generate new reinsurance business and fees.
We are currently based in Munich, London, Johannesburg, Singapore, Sydney and Beijing and are now building a new team in Latin America.
To complement our team of recognized consultants, we are looking for a consultant for our Insurance Solutions practice which provides top-quality consulting services and tailored insurance solutions across different lines of business to insurtechs, start-ups and established players.
We are seeking a technically minded individual who has an interest in and appreciation of product development, pricing, underwriting and analytics in commercial motor and mobility insurance.
The position is located in Munich or London.
- Delivering high-performance consulting for new and existing primary insurance clients in close collaboration with other members of the delivery team
- Executing work streams in day-to-day projects; being part of deal teams contributing to developing and maintaining insurance solutions in product development, pricing, underwriting, portfolio management and claims, especially to improve technical performance in commercial motor and mobility lines collaborating in depth and partnering with relevant units across the Munich Re Group and externally to expand consulting services to build new capabilities and new intellectual property
- University degree / master's majoring in engineering, economics, physics, mathematics, actuarial science or another comparable discipline
- A minimum of three years of experience in primary insurance and / or consulting with a strong focus on underwriting and / or pricing across commercial motor and mobility lines
- Extensive knowledge of and interest in advanced analytics and how these methodologies best add
- Value to underwriting and pricing High commitment, responsibility and ownership of delivery
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving capabilities, ability to identify client needs and develop innovative and effective solutions
- Willingness to travel and work abroad occasionally over longer periods
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with senior individuals
- Excellent command of written and spoken business English, preferably also Spanish
As the world's leading reinsurance company with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance.
By turning uncertainty into a manageable risk we enable fundamental change. Join us working on topics today that will concern society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, medical risk assessment or even space travel.
Together we embrace a culture where multi-skilled teams dare to think big. We create the new and the different for our clients and cultivate innovation.
sounds like you? Make it happen and be part of Munich Re.
- You will work in an environment where we think big: Change and culture are continuously role-modeled.
- We create and articulate a compelling and ambitious shared purpose, vision and direction.
- We pave the way towards success and see failure as learning
- You are going to experience that we care & dare : We are empathetic.
- We know when to lead and know when to let others lead.
- We attract, grow and coach future leaders.
- We communicate in a clear & authentic way: We interact with a positive and humble spirit.
- We solicit feedback, ask and listen, learn and unlearn.
- You will grow with your clients: Whatever our role, we support business, in an efficient and effective way, to create value for our clients.
- We embrace new ways of working leveraging digitalization to deliver solutions Join us, and experience that we lead the We : We have a passion for winning and growing as a team.
- We inspire people to be capable of joint performance.
- We create an inclusive environment where different thoughts, generations, cultures and experiences are valued and encouraged
Munich Reinsurance Company Astrid von Minckwitz Human Resources Königstraße 107 80802 Munich GERMANY Apply now! Apply for this job!
- Munich Re not only stands for fairness with regard to its clients; it is also an equal opportunity employer.
- Severely disabled candidates will also be prioritized if equally qualified.