Making Esports more accessibleIf you play Football, Ice Hockey or any other regular sport, you know your professional ladder. You understand the leagues, tournaments, and structures that take you from a noob to professional player.What if you're an online gamer? What if you're skilled in Counter Strike or League of Legends? How does the competitive path work for esports? How can dedicated gamers move from noob level to professional player just like regular sports? That's the problem we are solving at Challengermode.
We are Challengermode
Job Description Our vision is to build the best (online) competitive gaming experience for enthusiastic gamers and their teams. We are now looking for a natural-born web developer / software engineer who can express him or herself flawlessly through code (fullstack with main focus on backend).The platform has a microservice architecture and is primarily built with Web technologies like ASP.NET, WebSockets and Angular. However, nothing is static and as tools and frameworks evolve, so do we. Although we'd like for you to be familiar with these technologies, it's more important that you are not only able to learn and adapt, but really want learn new stuff and adapt to better ways of doing things. We see our software architecture, just like our Startup itself, as being on a constant journey of iterative improvement. And we are only able to succeed if all of us take the same approach to our own knowledge and intellectual betterment.
- 2-6 years of experience within web development
- You understand what it means to build secure and scalable systems for the modern web.
- You enjoy coding on your free time and have built lots of stuff for fun
- A University Engineering or Comp Sci degree - or the experience to make up for that
- Extra points if you are used to writing tests, working with Continuous Integration and cloud deployment
- Perhaps a gamer and esports fan?
- High performance, skilled and goal oriented colleagues
- A fun, friendly and inclusive work environment
- Hands-on, freedom-with-responsibility environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied responsibilities and tasks
- Competitive Salary
- Ownership in the company (after 6 months employment)
- Newly refurbished office located in central Stockholm
- Did we mention that playing computer games is part of the job?
Applications are made via our website's career/jobs section. We will only review applications from candidates with an EU citizenship / work visa.
Apply here: https://emp.jobylon.com/jobs/10394-challengermode-fullstack-web-developer/