Fullstack Software Engineer @ RoadEO
RoadEO is developing a road quality monitoring and prediction platform which advises public and private road authorities when and where the next road segment needs to be maintained. For this we are combining satellite imagery, crowdsourced smartphones and in-car sensors to create a novel and innovative data source which we then interpret with the help of machine learning algorithms.
This is your chance to be part of it! We are in the exciting phase of starting-up our enterprise and are looking for a key team member helping our clients to reduce maintenance efforts, improve road safety and decrease global CO2 emissions.
Roles & Responsibilities
You will lead our software development efforts from our current web and mobile prototypes to a fully functioning, reliable system. This includes the whole product development spectrum from gathering requirements to implementing our solution with our customers.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Strategic - Setting the technical development road-map
- Operational - Software development (mobile and web)
- Managerial - Coordinating, collaborating and monitoring our technical implementation team
You will have great personal freedom in fulfilling these responsibilities and the opportunity to decide on your professional focus areas while we grow our team further.
We are looking for somebody who has:
- +2 years relevant professional experience
- Familiar with React, Tensorflow, Keras and Google Cloud Platform
- Preferably machine learning and machine vision expertise or interest to pick it up quickly
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch
- Working permit for the Netherlands
- Enjoys working together with diverse people in an ever-changing working environment
- Entrepreneurial can-do attitude with the desire to learn constantly
In return we want to offer you this unique opportunity for professional and personal development while not only leaving a mark in society but also at the very core of our company DNA! We secured first funding through grants and our launching customers such as the Royal BAM Group and the Municipality of Leiden which allows us to pay a competitive start-up salary and complement it with shares in the company.
Sounds like a match? Tell us why and attach your CV to [email protected]
RoadEO is a social enterprise with the goal of using space technology for social and environmental good. Originated from winning the European Satellite Navigation Competition (ESNC), we are now part of the European Space Agency (ESA) Incubation Program, the Impact!Hub social enterprise network and collaborate with Verhaert and TU Delft. RoadEO is located at the ESA Business Incubation Centre Noordwijk, The Netherlands, while working remotely as well.