CompareEuropeGroup is building a team to launch our proven FinTech platform in a new market. We are a lean startup focusing on small teams with decision making power to enable fast and innovative work. Our teams are passionate about technology and high quality, reliable, software while continuously optimise their processes and procedures to create a fast-paced environment.
We are growing at a rapid pace and seeking enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and fun individuals to join us in a variety of roles. In return, we can offer you a fun but hard-working environment where you can instantly see your contribution to the success of the company. We operate out of two locations: Athens, where we have the team responsible for the business, and Lisbon, where we have the technology and product team.
The role: We are looking for a smart, self-motivated Fullstack Developer (core Java) with experience in building high-performing, well-tested and resilient applications to join our amazing development team.
We work in cross-functional teams, each consisting of a product manager, a UX/UI designer, and software engineers (front-end/back-end).
Most of our stack is Java based Grails application, Elasticsearch ELK stack, RDS PostgreSQL, React, Vue, Git, Jenkins CI, and CloudFormation templates, all run on AWS.
- You write great code, you’re fun to work with, loves startups and are ready to take a role with responsibility as part of a small team of great developers in Lisbon
- You are able to understand a problem and discuss a solution, it doesn't matter if it's the perfect solution as long as the thinking process works
- You are passionate about development and show an interest in learning, such as independently working on projects or trying to put thoughts into what represent good code vs bad code
- You have 3+ years of experience with Java or any other JVM languages (Grails and Groovy), and the Spring framework
- Experience with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- You are comfortable working in an international environment with English speaking colleagues
- Writing clean and performant code
- Taking full ownership in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Contribute and improve our development and team process
- Monitoring applications performance to improve it
- Refactor and improve clarity of legacy systems
Why working with us:
- You will not be bored, you will work on hard and challenging real-world problems
- Ability to work on platform products that you can own outright
- You will expand your knowledge on systems, architecture and data processing
- Remote work 2 days per week
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Relocation support to Lisbon and 22 paid vacation days
- Grant for transport
- Grant for food approx € 150 per month
- Private medical insurance with Multicare
- Central Lisbon location and an AWESOME team!