What we do
We won the Best Customer Experience in Retail Week Awards 2018 and are listed under the best practices for AI in retail, beauty and AI research reports.
We’ve built a product recommendation engine for the beauty industry and are known as 1 of the best in the world for retail innovation. Have won multiple awards and have been recognised in Forbes, and Retail Week and Vogue. Now we are launching a new SaaS product and are looking to create a state of the art machine learning solution using the most innovative and exciting technologies out there and hence we need you to lead this.
You will have the freedom to drive the technology decisions going forward with an opportunity to get a sizeable chunk of equity as it is privately owned business by the founder.
We are a small super friendly and smiley team with big dreams and are looking for the next smiley and friendly person to join us 🙂
You will also be involved in hiring a team, starting with 1 person and hiring more on your own as the business grows.
We are looking for full-time senior Scala (or Java 8) developer, with minimum 5 years experience and ideally some e-commerce experience too with experience delivering a big data or machine learning product. Also if you have experience managing the full life cycle of a product from prototype all the way to production and maintenance that would be awesome.
Must have skills
1) Experience in unix systems, Scala or Java 8 (Play Framework)
2) Database (MongoDB and Postgresql or mySQL)
4) Software as a service
5) Cloud Based Computing
6) Fluent in English
7) Previous experience working in a startup
1) Experience building Machine Learning applications, AI or working with Big Data
2) Application server management (LAMP stack)
3) Experience with AWS Dev ops, including non-relational databases and distributed or real-time event data processing
4) SASS, Knockout.js, Node.js,
5) Ability to work well with a cross-functional tech team, including external and agency developers as well as with QA, product owner etc.
- Chance to get a chunk of equity in the company after completion of a year
- Opportunity to build a successful product and have a real impact on it
- Great young team
- Professional and career growth
- Ownership of your own roadmap
- Opportunity to work with the coolest technologies
Build a recommendation engine for e-commerce websites to help them increase conversion rates for online retailers and brands. The technology will provide its clients with a set of plug in widgets and website personalization tools along with analytical dashboards.
My Beauty Matches is the largest online marketplace for beauty products with personal recommendations and our goal is to be the BIGGEST in the world. We use groundbreaking data driven methodologies to help both consumers and businesses make better informed choices.
Our clients include the biggest retailers and brands from House of Fraser to Boots to Lancome.