One of Booking’s core values is do the right thing , which means doing the right thing for our Customers, Partners, and employees, as well as following local laws and regulations wherever we operate.
The risks associated with Privacy breaches, from financial to reputation, such as loss of trust, and law enforcement, are amongst the highest our company faces and have become a focus area in many of our core markets over the last five years.
The newly formed Privacy Engineering Track in the Horizontal Business Services department is a growing team of highly skilled software engineers whose vision is to assure that privacy measures are enforced across Booking products and services.
By identifying areas of improvement in practices relative to managing privacy data, we aim to mitigate risks across the company as we implement new infrastructure, services, frameworks, and controls.
Amongst other challenges we look forward to overcoming this year, the team is currently designing and building a new consent management service from scratch to become the single source of truth of user consent, propagate changes, and limit access to user-tracked data based on privacy settings.
As a Full Stack Developer, you are responsible for the development, performance, and scaling of our public website as well as internal systems.
You will work independently and will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team.. You will work side-by-side with Product Owners, Copywriters, Designers and other developers to create new products, features, test your own ideas, and push changes live for billions of users.
- Deliver web applications from an idea inception and validation to a scalable solution.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ideate solutions for users, prioritizing based on business impact, and A / B test them.
- Develop new user-facing products and optimize existing ones using both client-side as well as server-side languages and technologies
Understanding the full stack of web development, from transmission of data segments between networks to presenting a well-strategized experience to users is vitally important in this role.
We need self-starters who are great at solving problems, who initiate discussions, are solutions-oriented, customer focused and believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools.
- Experience working on products that impact a large user base or in an entrepreneurial startup environment.
- Experience with data-driven product development : analytics, A / B testing, etc.
- Self-starters with a collaborative, can-do attitude.
- Quick delivery of end-to-end solutions to validate ideas and produce quality products
- Experience debugging cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience working on a command line in a Linux environment.
- Passionate learners who aren’t afraid of new tools and technologies to build a great end-to-end customer experience.
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Pre- Employment Screening :
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law.
Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.