Kyokan is a software engineering consultancy that builds products and infrastructure for the crypto asset industry. Founded by software engineers who have worked at Symphony Communications, Wealthfront, and Uber, we are bootstrapped and profitable. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, we're building remote-first, distributed product teams. We are laying the foundation for a robust, collaborative, friendly, and diligent product culture that will last for decades. We value dedication to craft, intrinsically motivated pursuit of mastery, and care for quality. We bring a relentless drive to deliver outsized impact to the projects we collaborate with. We believe that public blockchains will replace networks with markets, enabling a future with greater efficiency and individual agency. We are looking for exceptional software engineers and product-focused professionals to join us.
A Typical Week:
- You'll collaborate with product managers, designers, and software engineers to solve problems for products that interact with public blockchains.
- You'll work with new technologies, smart contract languages, and layer2/scaling solutions.
- You'll interact directly with users, clients, partner product teams outside of Kyokan, and the wider OSS ecosystem, to better understand their needs.
- You'll stay close to the code, solving real user problems and contributing to the state of the art in public chain infrastructure, developer tooling, and distributed application (DApp) development.
- Build and improve applications and services that interact with public blockchains, including decentralized applications (DApps), wallets, and developer tools
- Work remotely with multidisciplinary teams to build, maintain and define requirements for production applications serving millions of users
- Design and implement scalable and resilient systems
- At least four years of software engineering experience
- Solid competency in software engineering, using functional or imperative -programming languages (Java/Go/Python/C/Rust/Elixir/Clojure)
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Experience building and maintaining large-scale software in production
- Experience building blockchain applications (Solidity, Web3, Truffle)
Kyokan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.