Smartly.io is looking for experienced Full Stack Software Developers to multiple development teams.
We are in search of skilled engineers (fullstack) who can ship highly scalable web applications in multiple technology stacks. You'll be responsible for developing a data-intensive, highly available web application running on a microservices architecture.
As a Full-Stack Software Developer, you'll work in a extremely self-organizing development team that owns its roadmap, and chooses its own technologies. You’ll develop the product at a fast pace and in close cooperation with the end users—the largest online marketers globally.
We work with such technologies:
Each team makes decisions about their technologies while keeping in mind the operational and cross-team collaboration aspects. In practice, we work with a bunch of different techs, but each team only needs to know a subset of them.
We don’t await Fullstack Software Developers to know all of the technologies ahead, but knowing some of them will help. Commonly, we’re trying to get new team members to play with their strengths and choose their first team accordingly.
Here is the list of the backend technologies we work with (teams in Smartly.io most likely work with one or two of these stacks):
- Node.js with TypeScript, Koa, Objection.js and PostgreSQL
- Ruby on Rails with PostgreSQL and Cassandra
- Kotlin (JVM), Akka HTTP, Akka Streams, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch
- PHP, MongoDB
- Python, Flask, NumPy
About the frontend: we started with an AngularJS codebase, but we’ve been working on converting the most important views to React and Redux. We’re using Flow for type-checking when we’ve been adding types to existing codebases, and TypeScript when starting new projects.
- 4+ years of experience as a professional fullstack software developer
- Ability to write maintainable and testable code, while navigating both functional programming and object-oriented programming patterns
- Knowledge on how the web works and familiarity with REST API design, HTTP fundamentals, web frontends and security practices
- Care for how software is developed in teams and look to improve
- Like learning new things by reading, building hobby projects or testing new technologies on the job. You should also enjoy teaching others
- A pragmatic mindset. We’re working on an existing system, and our customers’ business depends on it
Will be a plus
- Experience working with techs within our stack or similar, and component-based frontend architectures with React+Redux
- An eye for user interfaces and design
- Solid experience in SQL, building complex queries and procedures
- Worked with highly scalable distributed systems, consisting of multiple microservices, deployed to hundreds of nodes
- Experience building large-scale data processing pipelines
Find out more here: https://bit.ly/2S4jXsH