SMAP Energy is a young, rapidly-growing energy data analytics startup established from research at the University of Cambridge. We are a small team working to help energy companies understand their data and their customers.
We are looking for smart, enthusiastic full stack Python developers to help globally expand our flagship SaaS product - Smart Meter Analytics Platform. If you like working on challenging problems and are interested in working as part of an international team of talented engineers, please get in touch with us.
Candidates must have full availability and right to work in the UK out of our London office.
- Working from London (no visa sponsorship offered)
- Start date ASAP (can be flexible)
- Competitive salary with potential equity options and performance bonuses (negotiable based on experience)
- Rare opportunity to become an early employee with a rapidly growing and well-funded startup
- Unlimited vacation
- Casual dress work environment
- Dynamic environment with small, talented team and direct communication with senior leadership
- Active involvement and networking within London and international startup community
- Opportunities for technical leadership experience, including client management and research project responsibilities
What you will work on
SMAP Energy is growing and we need your help to improve our system and design new features.
Current applications include:
- End-user facing widgets - We give energy companies the ability to embed energy consumption visualisations on their customer's account page.
- Analytics dashboard - We have a variety of visualisations that our clients can view to understand their data.
- Dev-ops - We deal with a lot of data and we need keep our processing running quickly and smoothly.
- Machine learning - We have access to a lot of data which we can use to provide insights into consumers’ behaviour.
- Design and implement new data visualisation tools
- Build prototypes of new features to client specification
- Support research team through fulfilling data analysis requests and reporting automation
Required Skills (you absolutely must have these)
- Strong skills with Python
Preferred Skills (these are really helpful but not required)
- Experience with Django
- 2+ years professional software development experience
- Post-graduate degree, especially in a technical discipline
- Previous front-end experience
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases
- Familiarity with Github
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Great communication skills
Beneficial Skills (we don't expect you to have these but let us know if you do)
- Experience working in the energy/utilities sector
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Fluency in Japanese language (especially written)