We are the UK’s first and only regulated employee share scheme & equity management platform for SMEs and we make it easy for business owners to distribute equity to their teams in a compliant and affordable way.
Read on to fully understand what this job requires in terms of skills and experience. If you’re a good match, make an application.
Our platform allows customers to access core features: digital equity management, the ability to issue shares & options instantly, a real time cap table, legal docs, the option scheme designer and shareholder dashboards.
As it is comprehensively integrated with Companies House, this makes it the most advanced and only fully digital share scheme platform in the UK.
We are transforming the way our customers reward their teams by fairly recognising the value, effort and contribution each makes to the success of a business.
We are a progressive start-up, with big ambitions and growing fast.
We have hundreds of customers and are looking to fill a number of new roles.
*About the role:
* Vestd is a fast-growing, progressive start-up with big ambitions, so you can expect to wear plenty of different hats on your journey with us.
We are a diverse team with a strong work ethic, and everybody here passionately believes in the power of sharing ownership.
Our team works remotely, so you will have plenty of flexibility in terms of where, when and how you work.
What matters most is your contribution.
We will give you as much support as you need along the way, though you should have a strong desire for autonomy, which is one of our company values.
You’ll learn a huge amount from people who have decades of combined experience building successful businesses.
We’re a small team doing very big things.
Your work will make a huge impact and your voice will be heard.
We’re looking for someone to help us build new features, improve existing ones and work with our small but mighty development team.
You will get to interact with all areas of the business to identify and solve customer and team needs and craft long-term solutions.
We have a fantastic application built on the Laravel framework that our customers love and you will be helping us grow and improve it.
We use AWS for hosting with continuous deployment so you get to see your changes in production and helping real people in minutes.
We are a remote team so good written and verbal communication skills are essential, we are also looking for someone who’s happy to work independently but also jump on a team call and work a problem or brainstorm ideas.
The space we operate in and the tools we are building are complex but we will support your learning and development both in business knowledge and technical skills.
* We are looking for someone who has been:
* Working with Laravel for a number of years and feels comfortable with it
* You should also be as happy crafting a blade template as you are wiring up the back-end
* Experience with cloud hosting, testing frameworks & continuous deployment would be great but not essential.
This is a huge opportunity to grow with the Vestd business, we’re looking for somebody with initiative who can see both the business and their own growth path.-
* Flexible working environment: we’re a remote team (we run a daily video stand-up, plus regular in person meetups, when allowed).
* Equity (of course!) and the chance to share in the success of what we build together.
* Customers love our innovative product and the support that they receive, which makes working here very rewarding.
* Plenty of trust, autonomy and freedom to do great work.
* Team retreats twice a year.
* Investment in learning and growth.
We believe in lifelong learning and you’ll get time and budget for training and conferences.
* Help us create a more equitable future where more people have a slice of the action.
* Basic questions via email, your opinions & thoughts on certain topics
* Call with engineering lead
* Call with rest of team
* Offer! PHP, LaravelPHP, Laravel, AWS