Synthesia is the global leader in synthetic media. Our vision is to build the first fully programmable video generation platform and help everyone transform non-video content into video.
Synthesia is already working with some of the world’s biggest companies and celebrities such as David Beckham and Lionel Messi, BBC, EY, Facebook, McDonalds, Amazon and WPP.
Our Messi campaign collaboration also received a Cannes Lion Award in 2021 and we’ve raised more than $16M so far from names like Mark Cuban, First Mark Capital, Seedcamp and more.
About The Position
In this position you'll join our small and extremely talented product team that is building the future of programmable video. Our team is working on our core product, Synthesia STUDIO, the world’s leading AI video generation platform for businesses, and Synthesia API, our fast growing API for personalized video generation at scale.
You'll have a chance to work on scaling our current, fast-growing product and shape some of the next products in our pipeline. This is a front-end oriented position, but we want you to be comfortable with at least basic back-end concepts, so the ability to work both on front- and back-end of our application is important. Our technical stack is Python, React, node.js, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, AWS.
We have a fast development cycle and are working with product managers who have a technical background enabling them to understand technology in more detail. Read more about how we work in this Linkedin post.
- 4+ years of experience in working as a software engineer (preferably in a startup but not a deal breaker);
- 3+ years working with React/Redux front-end applications;*
- Experience with centrally managed state (Flux / Redux / MobX);
- Experience with data structuring libraries (Immutable.js / Immer);
- Experience optimising the performance of front-end applications;
- Good level of spoken and written English.
- Alternative knowledge Angular.js or Vue.js
In short This is an awesome opportunity for someone who has been a developer on a full stack application for 2 or more years. We are developing a front-end intensive SaaS application that already has thousands of business users and is growing rapidly day by day.
In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fun and innovative environment, we offer
- A generous bonus and stock option plan;
- 25 days annual leave (in addition to existing public holidays);
- Flexible work from home policy (or fully remote in the UK/rest of Europe);
- No crazy hours, no wasteful meetings (we try to minimize meetings and give you time to focus on deep work);
- Annual company retreat.