Full Stack Developer (Laravel and VueJS) – In-Office or Remote | up to £55,000
What is Plot?
Plot is a web system that allows for the swift production of gorgeous branded festival and event websites. It provides tools for our design team to create fully branded sites quickly and efficiently. It also provides a modern, progressive user interface for customers to manage their event website and ticketing.
Plot was conceived by the digital agency Project Simply. Over the past 10 years, we’ve worked on a vast array of music-focused websites, becoming industry specialists at designing and developing custom websites for music festivals and events. We’re a small team of music enthusiasts, looking to help support the industry we love.
- Salary package up to £55,000
- Work from anywhere: Our office, your home, in a forest, on a beech, in a hole. Remote is the way.
- Flexible hours: We’re a flexible team and your work week can be flexible to match.
- Laptop provided: Everyone on our team is provided with the latest hot Macbook Pro for continued work from a place of your choice.
- £250 home spend: Sort your screen out, your desk, a delightful keyboard, so you’re kitted out to work from home with all the right vibes
- £1,000/year for personal development: Anything to do with your personal development, from event attendance, new courses, to meditation and mental health support.
- Birthdays and Christmas off: You should celebrate your birthdays with a big cake rather than by coding. Or you could code if you want, it’s up to you.
Our Plot system has been in commercial Beta since 2020 and we’re now ready to begin creating the new Plot system from scratch. You’ll be heading our primary full stack developer on the system, supported by a team of designers and front-end developers. Plot is designed to rapidly scale, and there will be many opportunities for advancement as the team expands.
You will report directly to our Head of Teach and assist them with managing the workflow, roadmaps and project tracking of our full-stack web development processes.
What you’ll be doing…
Day by day, in a small, close-knit team, operating as a startup, you’ll have a broad range of tasks. Here’s a little overview.
- Creating scalable, progressive, modern web applications and coming up with new and exciting ideas to solve problems
- Working with the Head of Teach to create effective processes and planning strategies for the development team
- Assisting with planning and roadmaps to help the project progress towards launch
- Implementing a test-driven development ideology
- Suggesting new features and ideas for continuous improvement
The Skills/Experience we’re after…
We plan to work remotely with occasional in-person meetings, so you’ll have to be comfortable with that for the long term. Our office in the centre of Manchester’s Northern Quarter is always open, with shared deskspace.
- Strong commercial experience as a Full Stack Developer (ideally 3+ years experience)
- Comprehensive understanding of VueJS
- Strong commercial experience working with Laravel
- Strong HTML5 skills
- Experience working on a product through to launch
A nice to have…
On top of these skills, it would be amazing if you also had:
- Experience in working with a SaaS product that has operated at a reasonable scale
- An understanding of AWS or similar
- Interest in Data Visualisation
- A love of music
- Figma experience
- Managing your own time and helping orchestrate others
- Git knowledge
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- A love of bleeding-edge early adoption
- Great skills with building technical interaction design
- A desire to create and experiment