Lifebit is building the world’s first intelligent genomics platform that understands DNA data and generates meaningful insights.
We just closed an over $3M funding round from two major London funds after graduating from Techstars London 2017's cohort.
We are building a cloud-based cognitive system that can reason about DNA data like humans do. This offers researchers/R&D professionals, and their corresponding organisations (ie. pharmas), a highly scalable, modular and reproducible system that automates the analysis processes, learns from the data and provides actionable insights.
Our tech team is split into:
1. Engineering and Machine Learning:
• Stack: Node JS, React, MongoDB
• Building Lifebit’s platform.
2. Bioinformatics and Genomics:
• Building Lifebit’s genomics modules: end-to-end solutions for specific operations and analysis.
We are hiring an experienced Backend Engineer with at least 3 years of experience in the role, to help us grow the team in a scalable and sustainable way.
Requirements, knowledge and experience:
• Quality process and automation.
• Scalable and optimisation of backends.
• Server availability, security, backups.
• Scalability in architectures and databases.
• Big data technologies and platforms.
• Leverage of open source solutions.
• Designing and delivery of large scale applications.
• High availability architectures, load balancing, fault-tolerance, virtualisation and cloud computing.
• NoSQL databases, especially MongoDB.
• REST APIs and web services.
• Advanced JS.
• Experience with React, Redux, D3, and latest JS visualisation frameworks.
• Experience with cloud platform (AWS, Azure,...).
• Having worked in startups, especially valuable if these scaled significantly, and fast-paced environments.
• London, we don’t allow fully remote but are open to some flexibility. If you’re based in Cambridge, for example, we’d cover your commute to London and after the initial on-boarding period, we’d be happy to explore being at the office for just 3 days/week.
More about the team:
Lifebit’s founding team has over 30 years of combined experience in the field - they know first-hand what the need is and how to build the right technological solution to address its pain-points. Prior to founding Lifebit, they worked on building the programming language that is predominantly used in the genomics world to develop applications that are faster and better at analysing DNA data - Nextflow (https://www.nextflow.io/) published on Nature Biotechnology.
Nextflow’s quick and overreaching adoption shows the urgent need the industry faces for a solution that addresses the increasing computational and big data challenges related to any genomics analysis.
All above requirements and specs are just an indication of what we’re looking for. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know.