LifeX is a rapidly-growing startup that is making it easier for people to relocate and settle into a new city.We build international communities and take away the stress and uncertainty of moving somewhere new.
To do this we provide:
- Flexible, fully serviced co-living apartments, centred around Scandinavian design.
- Social events and connections across an inclusive community of expats from every corner of the world.
- Relocation services like work permit/visa processing, EU registration, bank account set-up and everything in between.
In one short year, we have grown to over twenty apartments in the centres of Copenhagen, Berlin and Paris with over 100 active members. With early investment from Cherry.vc, Founders and stellar angel investors, we are planning to scale rapidly to take over Europe.
On the tech side, we're going places. We need you to make our backend watertight and build a solid data model to handle our ever-growing membership. This platform is the beating heart of what makes LifeX tick, and together we’ll enable LifeX to scale.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with the product team to make awesome and important tools serving our users, with high impact on decision making
- Play a central role in creating our LifeX Platform and building automated tools for the rest of the team making their lives more fun and easy
- Our current tech stack is TypeScript, React, Vue, AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, AppSync), Node.js, GraphQL and the Serverless Framework - we love exploring new technologies!
As the right candidate you:
- Have 3+ years experience with several of the technologies mentioned above
- Have both Frontend and Backend capabilities - but are deeply versed in the Backend, where you feel at home.
- Have a good understanding of abstracting problems
- Are motivated by the creative process
- Care about shipping high-quality code with effective tests
- Care about supporting the end users with the best possible experience
- Have a hands-on mentality and like to get your hands dirty: you code, you can define tasks, schedule deliverables and track the progress against timelines
- Love to extend your technological horizon and are not afraid of learning new stuff
What makes you a superstar:
- You have tried relocating to another country
- Experience with
- Working in a startup
- React Native
- Open source contributions
- Join an ambitious startup, solving real-life issues (in its validated, rapid-growth phase)
- International team
- Flexible working around your schedule
- Personal and professional growth as you progress in the role
- We value what you bring to the table, no matter where you come from. Relocation to Copenhagen and co-living can be negotiated as part of the package!
Please note - applications will only be accepted at the following link. https://lifex.workable.com/j/497CB5946F?viewed=true