AVUXI is a startup based in Barcelona. Our clients are companies from the online travel sector ranging from global brands to innovative startups. Our products help consumers understand location, in any part of the World.
This position is full time, to start immediately, and based at our Barcelona office, a three minute walk from Plaza Catalunya.
Your job will be "owning" some of the processes behind our products, used by some of the world's top known travel brands.
This is an opportunity to work directly with our CTO, you will be ensuring production consistency by bridging the connection between data and product in an efficient and accurate way. You will be involved in development, data processing and infrastructure tasks including infrastructure configuration and GIS systems administration.
What we look for:
• 2+ years of proven work experience working with large-scale data sets
• Experience developing with C# and Node.js
• Experience with Linux and working from the command line
• Experience with HTML5, jQuery, CSS
• Understand the entire web development process: design, development and deployment
• Ability to be autonomous and multitask at the workplace
• Great communication skills (both written and verbal) in English ... the more languages the better, we work with clients all around the globe
• You must have a valid visa / work permit for Spain
• Experience using and developing client-side APIs
• Basic understanding of geo-spatial systems
• Knowledge of OpenStreetMap or other large geographic datasets
• Experience with mapping libraries: Google Maps, Leaflet, OpenLayers is a plus
• Develop internal systems and processes with C# and Node.js
• Help set up & maintain databases PostrgeSQL, MongoDB and Crate
• Work on our REST API in Node.js and C#
• Work with web, backend and server tools
• Write well-commented, maintainable code
• Create tools for simplifying and automating processes with massive amounts of data
• Help improve algorithms and other smart processes
• Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
This is a great job for you if:
• You want to help invent new things that are used by millions of consumers around the world
• You want to build a service you are proud of
• You are passionate about geo-spatial data, maps and graph databases
• You want to be part of a small, fast-moving, highly-motivated team
• You want to work with an international team serving international customers
• You want to work directly with the company founders and get exposure to all aspects of a fast-growing business
What we offer:
• Interesting & challenging work in a growing international startup
• Salary: 28 - 44K € / year, depending on previous experience
• Participation in the decision making of products used by millions of travelers
• Opportunity to learn something new every day, shape the future of the company and grow
• Unlimited coffee & fresh fruit
• Sunny office in the very centre of Barcelona
Our hiring process:
1. Please submit a brief intro and your CV via email to
[email protected] with the subject line: Full-Stack Developer
Please include your GitHub username (if you have one), and any other relevant online profiles, and any projects you have worked on, that might be relevant to what we do at AVUXI.
2. The next step will be a very brief questionnaire after which we’ll move to video interviews.
3. Final candidates will then be invited to visit our office in Barcelona for an interview.
You'll be contacted within 3 business days if your profile fits our search criteria.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!