You will be our first Full stack developer which means your role will be varied and you will have ownership of the whole department.
You will be working with our founders to build product strategy and directly lead, instruct, and work alongside external developers to turn it into reality.
The information below covers the role requirements, expected candidate experience, and accompanying qualifications.
We’re looking for an exceptional engineer who can get things done and iterate rapidly. You will be our first Technical lead which means your role will be varied and you will have ownership of the whole function.
You will be working with our founders to build product strategy and will be reporting directly to our co-founders. You will directly liaise and instruct with the external development team and work alongside them to build our vision into reality.
This will be both a hands-on development role as well as a senior leadership position.
What you will achieve in your first 12 months at WYSPR
- Evaluate our current tech stack and make recommendations
- You will lead the conversion of our internal product to a SaaS platform.
- Hands-on development of the AI / ML OCR tools to integrate and optimise the system.
- You’ll wear several hats and help in setting a clear vision for the business (including the product direction)
- The overall success of tech development, from research to testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Communicating the company’s technology proposition to partners and investors (both tech and non-tech minded)
- Building and managing your own team.
- Working with freelancers and 3rd parties.
Experiences that are essential
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience, including hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Experience building image-based ML tools, ideally OCR specifically.
- Proficiency in React, TypeScript, and Ruby-on-Rails.
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including security, testing, source control and deployment.
- Devops experience
That said, we are open-minded with regard to exact experience and tech stack proficiency. If you don’t quite fit the criteria above but think you can do an excellent job regardless, please get in touch and explain why you think you are the right person for us.
Who you are
- Enthusiastic about taking an existing product and shaping it for the future.
- Know how to go from an idea to hypothesis, experiment and then production with a proven or demonstrable track record of taking ideas and bringing them to life.
- Have experience in a leadership position, having built and lead a tech team (small or large), or transferable skills that lend towards excelling in a leadership position.
- Have a degree in a relevant discipline, although this is not essential and real-life, practical experience within a senior technical role is equally, if not more, important.
- Above all, you care about WYSPR’s mission to empower the individual and democratize marketing!
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Stock options so that you share in our success
- 33-day holiday allowance (inc bank holidays)
- Learning and training
- Lovely space in Hammersmith, London, with full amenities, showers, gym, etc. (This will be our base of operations and although there is flexibility on remote work, we believe that being together drives start-up innovation)
Our Hiring Process
- 1st round: Initial Screen call
- 2nd round: Interview with Hiring manager and one cross-functional leader + presentation
- 3rd round: Culture interview with the team