At Qflow we’re on a mission to build a more sustainable future; providing construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable and sustainable projects. Our team combines construction experience with software engineering and cutting-edge data science to deliver real-time alerts to risks and opportunities during construction.
Our founders Brittany (an award-winning engineer) and Jade (environmental scientist with experience working on two of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects) have used their experience in the industry and entrepreneurial training to build an industry changing tool and a world class team. Qflow raised over £1M in seed and grant funding in 2019 and are on track for £500,000 revenue in 2020.
With a total addressable market of £1.13bn in the UK alone, and plans to expand internationally within the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to join a team looking to scale rapidly in both reach and impact. Qflow sells directly to construction and development teams, and collaborates with industry partners such as logistics contractors and environmental consultants.
Qflow’s first wave of products deliver real-time data on construction processes (including material and waste management), providing new insights generated by our AI tools that have never been experienced in this sector before. You will be providing critical infrastructure with the tools to build more efficiently and more sustainably, whilst also automating hideous admin tasks on-site.
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing start up tackling global challenges. You’ll get the opportunity to play a critical role in shaping one of the world's most archaic and pollutive industries.
- You’ll be working with our exceptional Engineering team, as well as interfacing with our product and data science team.
- You can base yourself anywhere in the UK as long as you can easily make it to Qflow’s head office in London for team meetings and socials. We operate highly flexible working, with many of the team working remotely day to day and meeting weekly for collaborative working and a bit of fun!
- You will be developing solutions as part of a larger integrated platform, capable of gathering and aggregating huge volumes of data in real time.
- You will be helping the team to accelerate the release of our new product features and capabilities, all the while contributing to improvements in efficiency for our customers who are working on site. It’s an exciting, problem-solving and dynamic atmosphere, with the end goal to ensure we deliver value back to our teams internally as well as our customers.
The ideal person:
- You are extremely curious, independent, enthusiastic and with a huge drive to constantly learn and acquire new knowledge.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and employ creative problem solving to overcome challenges, you care about impact of your work and are constantly seeking the necessary conversations to ensure that you build the right system at the right time
- Most importantly, you see your job not just as completing a task, but as making an impact potentially able to change the whole construction industry.
- Develop and improve our platform which encompasses; mobile, .NET Core servers, Azure functions, Event Driven data intake and React based Single Page applications.
- Participate in the extension of our automated testing coverage within a dedicated environment.
- Aid with resolving how to efficiently store and access large volumes of data across diverse storage solutions.
- Integrate with our dedicated Analytical and Machine Learning R&D Team.
- Maintain and contribute to our development process and continued quest for excellence
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Frond-End Single-Page application experience with React.
- Back-End development experience of a server and Azure Functions using .NET Core.
- Database administration for Cosmos, Azure Tables and SQL.
- Automated test coverage as part of CI/CD.
- Can nurture a collaborative culture and able to clearly communicate with the wider team.
- Contributing to and executing the technical strategy.
Our tech stack:
.NET Core, React, Redux, Ant Design, Azure DevOps, RESTful APIs, distributed systems, asynchronous services, distributed storage, Azure Tables, SQL Server and Cosmos, Redis, xUnit, Terraform
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Possibility to grow to a senior position while the company scales
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Strong learning and development opportunities
- Regular company social events (virtual and in-person post lockdown!)