Lepaya develops innovative and personalized learning solutions that make corporate trainings more impactful and more engaging. The startup is in a very strong position: the platform works, the proposition is validated in the market and the current clients are excited. Now Lepaya is gearing up for growth.
Lepaya was founded by Peter Kuperus and René Janssen in 2017. Peter and René worked together at BCG and have both held leadership positions at companies like Lazada, TravelBird and Rocket Internet. They witnessed first-hand that the market for corporate trainings has not seen any significant innovation in decades, and that especially young professionals and young leaders don’t have the tools they need to optimally develop themselves.
While the current offline training offerings are mostly expensive, time consuming and focused on getting to know yourself better, professionals actually need help developing practical skills in ways that are short and snappy. Skills like facilitating meetings, time management and effective communication.
‘Online’ may sound modern and young, but that doesn’t mean that current online trainings actually are. These solutions generally provide access to lecture recordings and long theoretical modules. Users have to browse through them on their own to find relevant content. That doesn’t fit the way new generations want to learn (or live).
INNOVATIVE TRAINING PLATFORM
That’s why Lepaya developed a training platform that fully fits 2019: online where possible and face-to-face where face-to-face really adds value. With facilitators who help learners in short sessions to develop practical skills. Skills that can directly be applied in to-the-point video instructions, focused articles and short assignments, all accessible on a smartphone anywhere and anytime.
“A lot of training organizations are led by education experts. Our strong business background gives us a much better understanding of the skills professionals actually need. But that doesn’t mean we don’t develop trainings that aren’t educationally sound. We just see theory as a means to an end, not as a starting point.” – Peter Kuperus, co-founder
The strength of Lepaya is the effective and inspiring way the company combines online with offline. Lepaya makes learning measurable. With its digital training modules the company gathers extensive data – e.g. about when users are active and how long they spend on specific elements – and combines those with qualitative feedback and the latest in educational science. That’s how Lepaya continuously improves its product.
PROMISING STARTUP IN A BILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY
Last year showed the potential of Lepaya’s proposition: its first clients, amongst which for example bol.com and scaleups like picnic and bloomon, are very excited. That’s also because Lepaya makes learning very practical. The company can clearly explain what employees do better after a training than before. A unique approach in the world of corporate trainings.
2019 is going to be a crucial year for Lepaya. The company aims to become a stable force in the Netherlands, with a set of large clients and a strong brand name. Lepaya also plans to expand internationally. The yearly global spend on corporate trainings is about 200 billion dollars. The majority is serviced by local and traditional players. There is no reason why Lepaya – with a good sense of market needs, expertise in education and a technically strong platform – can’t become an international success.
VACANCY: FULL STACK DEVELOPER
About the role?
- You will build a beautiful product from frontend to backend.
- You will develop new features and improve existing ones.
- You will integrate various tools and system to fit together to solve a problem.
- You will collaborate with a cross functional team to build a great product.
- Your will contribute to choosing the right technologies.(Check our current stack)
Who are you?
- You are passionate about technology.
- You are a problem solver.
- You choose the right tool for the job.
- You have experience building mobile web application.
- You have experience with databases. (postgresql is a plus).
- You are familiar with functional programming. (Erlang, Elixir or Elm is a plus).
- You are familiar with mobile development frameworks. (React native or Flutter is a plus).
What do we offer?
- An inspiring, extremely rapidly moving environment with a great culture!
- A modern, evolving and flexible tech stack that you can help shape.
- Great personal growth and career opportunities, working directly with an experienced team of a young and dynamic start-up, with initial funding raised.
- A package in line with the potential that we believe Lepaya has.
- Participation in the Lepaya Work-To-Live-scheme (which we shall co-design).
Are you looking for a challenge with a lot of responsibility and learning opportunities? Be part of a fun international team? Work on an innovative solution for learning & development? Get in touch with us!