cozycozy.com is the future of accommodation metasearch engine empowering travelers to compare all the possible accommodations around the world: hotels, airbnbs and other vacation rentals, camping, boats etc. and even some out of the ordinary forms of traveling such as home exchange or pet-sitting.
We believe that every traveler has the right to book the best accommodation without commercial manipulation therefore we are committed to being on the user's side with a product that is beyond expectation.
cozycozy.com has offices in both Paris and Budapest, a senior team of 13 who also built liligo.com, and a recently closed series A round to finance this mission.
In order to accelerate our development, we are looking for a Full Stack Backend Developer to join our Budapest team.
- Design and implementation of core application backend components
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and scalable applications
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Work closely with stakeholders, data scientists, and other developers to turn abstract ideas into actionable pieces of code
- Understand all aspects of the product you are buildings to better provide insight and recommendations to the team
- Take initiative to learn new things, and grow rapidly from constant exposure to innovative ideas, concepts, and patterns as well as have the ability to share those findings effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software/computer engineering
- 5+ years of related experience as Full Stack Backend Developer (NodeJS, Java, Scala):
- Microservice approach with JSON REST or GRPC
- Experience with Docker (Kubernetes is a plus)
- Solid scripting skills (Python, Perl, etc.)
- 3+ SQL-based technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL / MySQL)
- 2+ NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra and MongoDB)
- The ability to express yourself in English both in writing and speaking
- Live search engine with millions of searches per month
- 12+ million accommodations data
- 300+ millions pictures
- Terabytes of static & dynamic data to explore and transform in valuable information to improve the product
- Huge live traffic to handle - scalability is key
- A chance to join an international team of 15 brilliant engineers who has succeeded in a very similar business: built the number one flight search engine in France
- A competitive salary
- A highly challenging and rewarding environment
- A chance to investigate the newest technological trends
- The ability to impact the business, you can make a difference!
- An easy to access, calm and cozy(cozy) office in the heart of the Budapest