Do you want to join us on a journey to change the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travelers, data and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated front-end engineers to help build the best user experience for our brand new product. You will collaborate with team members with a wide range of expertise, including other engineers, UX experts, data analysts and a PO.
We are working with a modern stack consisting of ES2016, React 16 and Redux. We use babel and Webpack and our server runs on Node.JS. We employ unit-, snapshot and end-to-end testing where it adds value, and use Flow and ESLint aggressively to keep our code base in good shape, even with multiple A/B tests running simultaneously. We work in a flexible, results-oriented team structure, focussed on shipping value in a collaborative fashion, with just the right amount of bureaucracy.
What you will be doing
- Work with your team to build a multi-device hotel marketplace product. Besides your own specialisation, you will be involved in shaping all key aspects of the product.
- Optimize device specific web experiences, including mobile phones, tablets and desktop devices.
- Relentlessly improve the end-user’s experience and validate your work via A/B testing with real users.
What a day in the office might look like
In the morning, you and your fellow engineers sit down with the Product Owner, UX lead and a Data Scientist to discuss the trajectory of an on-going A/B test. You decide together that based on available data, a new variation for the way we display room perks on the mobile search result page is expected to improve conversion. After lunch you and the UX lead sketch the variation which you will build together with your co-developers. While you deploy your experiment to the live site you're already brainstorming about that new feature you want to build for the tablet optimized version of the website, which is added to the backlog of test ideas. After a few days, the Data Scientist will update the team on the status of the A/B test, for which you and the team will plan follow up tasks in the next planning session.
You will be working with co-engineers Jop, Vladimir, and Vinicius (Frontend), Fernando, Antonio (Backend). Caio (UX) and Katia (UX / Product Analyst) will help you shape the product to our users' needs, and Saad (Dev-Ops) will make sure the website stays up and running and scales to our growing audience. Our Product Owner Lee will prioritize the roadmap and together will make sure we deliver high-quality software to our users.
People we love
- You have at least 2 years experience in front-end development (Modern ECMAScript, HTML5 and CSS3) - we don’t require experience with any specific framework, but we do expect experience with a modern set up and tooling environment.
- You have a strong passion for the end user experience, from pixels to performance.
- You can identify the right balance between technical excellence and good-enough to ship - and know when good-enough won’t scale any further and will push for a longer term solution.
- You are flexible, curious and data-guided in helping us decide what to work on.
- You have a keen eye for details, working closely with our designers to bring a smooth product to the end users.
- Mobile web development affinity is a plus.
- Experience with Node.js and server side development is a plus.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
What we offer
- Lots of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day, and given a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself
- We are on a mission to change a trillion dollar travel industry by focusing on improving by benefiting the traveler.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity
- We offer a competitive compensation package + perks and benefits
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment
- We value food, and will offer warm meals (not just Dutch sandwiches)
Blog posts worth reading: