FRONT END DEVELOPER
We believe in a future where we will live and work hand in hand with intelligent machines. To this end, machines will need to learn to communicate like humans do.
At Tribe, we bring conversational A.I. to life by giving it a human face. Why? Because the most natural interface is a face.
Interacting face-to-face lets you gaze into each other’s eyes, smile or keep a straight face, and react to that naturally. We have created a technology that can spark the human element in any application, from A.I.-powered customer support bots over virtual store assistants to the next generation of in-game characters.
Our two co-founders Kevin and Julian have more than 15 years of experience in mathematical research, technology start-ups and top-tier consulting.
We are small, high performing team of eight located in Berlin, Germany, are funded for the next 18-24 months and are now looking to grow our team and scale our customer base. For this, we are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion and want to join us on our exciting journey.
We are looking for an experienced front end developer (web and mobile) to take on a leading role and help developing the core technology of our business – giving a face for A.I. Reporting to Chief Technical Officer (CTO), your primary tasks will be:
- Planning and executing the implementation of ReactJS web and Android / iOS mobile apps, for internal and external users
- Evaluating best technologies and picking right tools for the tasks at hand
- Debating, discussing and deciding on the overall architecture
- Working with the UI/UX designers and computer vision experts and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies
- Writing beautiful, elegant, easy to maintain, and understandable code
- Documenting and describing your decisions in diagrams and comments
You will also be required to provide input and interact with the computer vision experts, backend, devops, security and business stakeholders.
We encourage an open feedback culture in which all team members share and discuss feedback continuously. In addition, personal development goals for each team member will be defined jointly and reviewed regularly. For you, personal development goals will be defined and reviewed informally with the CTO on a monthly basis. Performance will be reviewed more formally on a quarterly basis by the CTO in conjunction with Board Members as is appropriate.
Following the Must/Should/Could language convention, you need to tick the following boxes:
- MUST have experience in deploying Android and iOS-based applications from within Android Studio, XCode and Unity3D
- MUST have deployment experience to the following targets: WebGL, Google Play Store, Apple Store / Testflight)
- MUST have experience with test-driven development frameworks such as Jest
- MUST write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- SHOULD have experience in developing frontend applications in Unity (e.g. games)
- SHOULD have experience interfacing with REST APIs and/or API Gateways (GraphQL, ElasticSearch)
- SHOULD have good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- SHOULD have proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- SHOULD have a good understanding of code testing and versioning tools
- SHOULD have a get-stuff-done mentality in a move fast and break things environment
- COULD have good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- COULD have good knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
- COULD express yourself well in writing creating documentation, diagrams, and well-documented code
- COULD consider, understand, and implement security and data protections
- Competitive salary
- Possibility of stock options (ESOP)
- Working with a stellar team with 15+ years’ experience in university research, tech start-ups and top-tier consulting
- Flexible working patterns
- 25 days holiday
- Subsidised healthcare protection
- Free Urban Sports Club membership