We have ambitious plans to grow Loveshark and have been working on exciting new developments that will shape how our brand and product will look in the future. And this is where you fit in!
We're a team of creative and kind people building the future of social games. We believe that the old stereotype of a "gamer" is outdated and we are here to shake up the norm and break boundaries. We use technologies like augmented reality and computer vision to create weird and wonderful things. Our people are at the heart of what we do and we believe in the importance of a flexible, balanced and enjoyable working environment.
When the time is right, we plan to move to a mix of remote and office working, with 2 days of your time to be spent at our Loveshark hub in Shoreditch. You'll also be able to come in every day if you prefer.
We’re looking for our first Frontend Software Engineer to join the team and help us create fast and responsive web interfaces that will delight millions of people, as well as developing our internal tooling suite to support the growth of our products. This role gives a unique opportunity to play a significant part in reshaping our web product with a fresher, more exciting design and will allow you to stretch your skills thanks to the interesting technical challenges that will come with this.
Being part of a small, focused team, you will have the opportunity to be involved in every part of the creative process, from generating ideas and concepts, to building them with simple solutions to complex solutions. You will be working closely with other engineers, a designer and a product manager towards both improving the existing experiences and building new ones.
If you’re a Frontend Developer looking to see & feel the impact of your work at a fast-growing startup like Loveshark, we would love to hear from you.
Our Tech Stack…
If you're reading this we'll assume you're technical, so let's start by talking about our stack.
We have an iOS app that we're best known for, which is written in Swift -https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/mochi/id1533439010
Behind that, we use AWS as our 'backend brain' that powers pretty much everything, using REST API to talk to our Frontend Ecosystem.
And to manage our users, we have a dashboard. It's written in React in a very similar code style to our app.
What impact will you make?
- Build and own our frontend architecture
- Push the boundaries of modern frontend engineering to build fast and ambitious web applications
- Working with the product and machine learning team, you’ll play a major role in building the frontend of our product.
- Design elegant and intuitive UI components
- Discover new ways to communicate our insights to our users.
- You’ll help others in reviewing code and designing components.
- You’ll be working mainly with React & Typescript but also various other frontend libraries and tools.
A bit about you…
- Strong experience using React
- You are product and delivery focused
- Experience building complex customer facing products for the web or mobile platforms
- Experience in cross-browser/device testing and ensuring consistency across them all
- Experience in a high growth environment, ideally at a startup
- Passionate about technology, are pragmatic, and love searching for the best way to solve complex problems.
- Understand the value of working in an agile environment and adapting quickly to change
- Great communication skills (verbal and written), the ability to listen, to influence, and to articulate complex ideas clearly to a non-technical audience
Pushing the boundaries
- Developing React applications using AWS, using lambdas
- Ability to design and develop for mobile and small screen devices
- Any experience working in a gaming environment
Engineering at Loveshark
LoveShark's tech team consists of individuals that are passionate about technology. Apart from leveraging various technical resources to solve unique and complex problems, the tech team prides itself on its cohesion.
We create unique solutions with technology whether it's implementing infrastructure optimisation strategies on backend systems or developing intuitive and creative visual camera effects using deep learning. The team's overarching goal is to solve technical problems to enable solutions that tangibly benefit millions of users' lives.
We are always looking for passionate developers who readily take on tasks in whatever shape or form and can collaborate with team members across all areas of the company.
Compensation: We offer competitive salaries in line with industry benchmarks, set using extensive market data. We review salaries on an annual basis to make sure we continue to reward people well for their contributions at Loveshark.
Equity: Loveshark employees are granted options and the opportunity to invest in what we are building, developing and to get to share in our future successes.
Flexible working: As a trusted member of the Loveshark, you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to manage your time and routine in a way that suits you and your team, allowing you to deliver your best work.
Holiday: We’re a team that likes to work hard, however we need to make sure we balance this with time to rest and relax. We offer unlimited holiday, plus the usual bank holidays.
Equipment: We want to make sure everyone is set up to work effectively, we will provide you with the kit you need to work.
Social: We’re big on keeping Loveshark a social place to work, regular team socials, weekly lunches - there’s always get-togethers and socials going.
Pension: We believe in helping our employees save for retirement.
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process has the following steps:
CV application review - We will review your CV as quickly as possible and update you on the next steps.
Let's chat - Quick chat with our HR Manager about your experience and the role.
Video call interviews - Video calls with the tech team and the hiring manager.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We are a small team with a huge vision. We like to do things differently. We’re not old games industry veterans, we’re young and diverse and it shows in our work. Building the next paradigm of games means that we need the rebels and curious minds. If you don’t have the perfect experience but are excited about this role, apply anyway. Loveshark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.