Welcome to Loveshark On a mission to be the number one social gaming platform for Gen Z girls.
Below, you’ll find a complete breakdown of everything required of potential candidates, as well as how to apply. Good luck.
We're a team of creative, kind and slightly strange people building the future of social games.
We believe that the old stereotype of a "gamer" is outdated and we are here to shake up the norm and break boundaries.
We use technologies like augmented reality and computer vision to create weird and wonderful things.
We're based in Brick Lane, London.
About the role: Lovershark is looking for a Front-end Developer, with experience in React, to join our team.
We are looking for someone who’s passionate about code, curious, and eager to learn.
You’ll be working alongside other developers in the tech team.
You will be responsible for creating new features, refactoring and improving the codebase, working on tooling and services to support the growth of our product.
Ideally you’re comfortable taking part in every bit of the creative process, from generating ideas and concepts, to building them with simple solutions to complex problems.
If you’re a Frontend Developer looking to see & feel the impact of your work at a fast-growing startup like Loveshark, we would love to hear from you.
LoveShark's tech team consists of individuals that are passionate about technology.
Apart from leveraging various technical resources to solve unique and complex problems, the tech team prides itself on its cohesion.
We are always looking for passionate developers who readily take on tasks in whatever shape or form and can collaborate with team members across all areas of the company.
We create unique solutions with technology whether it's implementing infrastructure optimisation strategies on backend systems or developing intuitive and creative visual camera effects using deep learning.
The team's overarching goal is to solve technical problems to enable solutions that tangibly benefit millions of users' lives.
- Maintaining and building our Admin panel system
- Integrate web pages and web services with Loveshark’s backend APIs
- Write well-formulated, testable and readable code using appropriate software design patterns
- Build responsive and cross-browser compatible web UI code
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to build a product that delivers an empowering user experience using the latest web technologies
- Debug and fix issues across our web applications
- Review, maintain and refactor existing code to meet the requirements for improved or new features
- Maintain and enhance existing features.
- Contribute to the improvement of integration and internal tools.
- Work with our Senior Product Designer to improve the design system
- Develop new components and features for our frontend ecosystem
- Design and create screen flows, wireframes, and mockups that lead to an intuitive user experience
- Proven experience with React: ideally over a year building client-side web applications
- You are curious about learning and adopting new technologies, languages, and practices
- Good communication and a proactive team player who excels when working collaboratively
- Ability to write code that can support modular/scalable UI architecture
- Experience with building and using websockets
- Previous experience working on large complex applications
- Proficient understanding of version control tools (ideally Git or similar)
- Good understanding of visual design, usability, web accessibility and SEO
- Familiar with modern web development workflows (Babel, Flow, Webpack)
- Working knowledge developing cross-platform/browser compatibility
Nice to have:
- Developing ReactJs applications using AWS, using lambdas
- Ability to design and develop for mobile and small screen devices
- Any experience working in a gaming environment
- Weekly team lunch
- Regular team social events
- Equity in the company
- Generous holiday policy
- Office Dog
CV application review- We will review your CV as quickly as possible and update you on the next steps. Let's chat- Quick chat with our HR Manager about your experience and the role