Kraken is the technology behind Octopus Energy. We invented, designed and built Kraken to ensure that we had the most innovative, data-centric and customer-focused technology to support our top-class customer service. Kraken Technologies now delivers transformational Energy-Tech to businesses around the world to make the global transition to green energy quicker and more affordable. We’re now licensing Kraken Technology to businesses globally. You can read about our partnership with as an example to see how Kraken is evolving our business. You can learn more about how the migration works in practice .
Our aim is to have 100 million customers on the Kraken Platform by the year 2030. Our group includes Octopus Energy, Octopus for Business, Kraken Technology, Octopus Electric Vehicles and Octopus Energy Services as well as our new net zero Centre - We recently secured over £500 million of investment from Australia's largest Energy Company and to help us continue our mission. This will help power our growth into new markets, invest in Kraken Technologies, build more tech to make energy greener and increase our investment in service and growth in our existing markets, the UK and Globally.
Energy is changing.For years, it was an industry dominated by large suppliers using outdated systems that put profits first and customers last. Now, we’re using the latest technology and green generation to transform energy for customers, bringing the UK cheaper, greener, and fairer energy.We enjoy the best of both worlds: backing from a £6bn business of highly experienced and talented individuals, and the dynamic environment of a start-up.
If the following job requirements and experience match your skills, please ensure you apply promptly.
We are the only Which? recommended energy supplier for 2019, the uSwitch supplier of the year, Energy Awards supplier of the year, and UK customer experience award winner for utilities.
You’ll be working for a company that’s fighting climate change. We’re the largest investor in solar generation in the UK, and are funding wind and anaerobic digestion. We’re helping people to use greener technology and renewable energy, all helping move the UK towards a lower carbon future.
And for big change, we need big minds.
About the role:We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about code, curious, and eager to learn. You’ll be working alongside other talented people in the tech department. You’ll solve problems with technology to make us, and the industry, smarter and better for customers.
What you'll have:
- Can write solid, semantic HTML and have experience writing SASS
- Have experience in crafting mobile-first responsive sites for a range of devices
- Know how to develop websites that meet AAA accessibility guidelines.
- Can create code that works consistently across different browsers and platforms
- Can take Photoshop/Sketch designs and bring them to life in code
- Experience with the Django templating language a plus
- GraphQL & Apollo
- Styled components & SASS
- Jest & Enzyme
- Django/Python (server side and templating)
- Our company culture -we won in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment -genuine work life balance here, we are , we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation- we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme -you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture -have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events -we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, , every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents -get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important -we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme- employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme -to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
- Screening Call
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Technical Test
- Final Technical discussion with Tech Team