Codat is a fast-growing technology company headquartered in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our product is a universal API for small business financial data.
The full job description covers all associated skills, previous experience, and any qualifications that applicants are expected to have.
We build developer-friendly infrastructure that gives businesses the ability to create their own next-generation products without sacrificing time to market. We are well-funded with a large and growing number of enterprise and fintech clients.
We’ve most recently received a $10 million investment from Index Ventures, a leading global venture capital firm. We were also awarded a £5m grant from the RBS Capability and Innovation Fund last year to help power our growth with a focus on expansion into the US.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced front-end software engineer who can take ownership of the front-end elements of this new product. We need someone who is comfortable setting up all the elements of modern, scalable SPAs from scratch, and who can guide and mentor our team to ensure it is built in the right way. The successful candidate will be working closely with our product team and customers to refine and iterate the product spec.
Our engineers operate in small, focused, multidisciplinary, and highly autonomous teams of around 4 to 6 people. Our teams tend to include:
- A hands-on Lead Engineer who spends time focusing on product alignment, technical alignment, and people, as well as coding.
- A QA Engineer who represents quality throughout the team and encourages critical thinking as well as supporting automation.
- Software Engineers who help with business analysis, writing tests and code, and operating the components that the team owns.
Our teams are currently focusing on:
- Building high coverage for Codat's API across third-party software platforms. This includes building data formats into our financial data standard.
- Reliably and quickly processing huge amounts of financial data into our data cache and query engine.
- Building additional products on top of our core API to unlock the power of our clients' data, through the movement of data between sources, or data visualisation.
- Best in class monitoring and operations tools to allow both ourselves and our clients to find, and fix, data issues early.
What you will be doing?
- You will be joining as a front-end developer in a new team responsible for the creation of an exciting new Codat product.
- Our product is relied on by a wide range of financial institutions, including start- up fintech lenders, major payments processors and leading high-street banks, and the brief of this new team is to produce a portal our customers can use to interact with the product quicker, without needing to complete a full integration with our API.
- You’ll be integrating with Codat’s best-in-class API for financial data on small businesses and building innovative front-end experiences on top of it to help our clients make sense of that data.
What excites us:
- Our front-end is built in React, using Typescript
- Familiarity with Rest Apis, able to peek behind the server code, appreciation for C# and Azure webservices.
- Unit Test
- We use a mix of technologies at Codat, but most are services supplied by Azure and leveraged using C#, we like engineers that like to keep up to date with C# and have an interest in design patterns.
- Our apps work extensively with the .NET web stack and knowledge of and REST APIs is really helpful.
- Clear and concise communicators; we expect Engineers to collaborate with other team members, including developers, quality assurance engineers and product stakeholders outside of Engineering.
- We have a passion for testing and working with frameworks like Jest, react-testing-library, enzyme or Cypress etc, to do behaviour and data driven unit tests.
- We really like engineers that are self-motivated, have a logical and systematic approach to problems solving, but understand things work best when we work as a team, are approachable, open minded, and patient.
- A lot of the problems we solve at Codat are about standardising data from various sources, this is a different set of problems to many software businesses, and we really like engineers who enjoy working with data and puzzling out problems that may not be obviously solved. A good head for financial systems helps, but isn’t necessary.
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
- We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
- We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
- We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
- Share Options scheme, empowering everyone to share in our success
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) and office closure over Christmas
- Flexible working hours and working from home days
- Team lunches, Company Socials, office snacks and roof top barbecues
- Professionally led Yoga classes, office football team and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Work alongside some of the UK's best Software Engineering talent
- Cutting-edge and always evolving tech stack
- Fun, fast paced, directly see your impact and full autonomy
- Personal development and professional growth focused culture
- Modern, airy and dog-friendly offices with private roof terrace
- Perkbox membership for everyone!
- Screening call with Talent Acquisition Manager
- Online test
- 2 hour interview. 1 hour paired programming, 1 hour technical conversation
React, Typescript, RESTReact, Typescript, Azure, REST, APIs, .NET, C#