Metomic enables companies to harness the power of data without the risk. We automatically detect and protect sensitive data across all internal databases and cloud applications. This allows companies to securely collect, share and analyse data without the liability of having to protect it themselves.
Candidates should take the time to read all the elements of this job advert carefully. Please make your application promptly.
We're an ambitious young company. Anyone joining us should be excited about working in a greenfield environment with lofty goals of establishing a transformational, privacy-first way for data to be shared between customers and companies. We've raised £4.5m to date and are fortunate to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in Europe, including LocalGlobe and Connect Ventures. Including our founders, we are currently a team of 7, and consequently, we're the definition of an early-stage start-up. Although we're still working towards product-market fit we clearly understand the problem we're trying to solve. Our ultimate belief is that individuals should have more control over their data - if you agree and believe you are suited to an early-stage start-up, we'd love to hear from you. So, how does Metomic solve this for companies? For us this is a 2 step process:
- Detect:Tell companies where data is, and how it's being used
- Protect:Help companies lock sensitive data down
You can see an early demo of Protect here: About the role: We're searching far and wide for a senior front end engineer who can help us take our product from zero to one.
- You will take ownership of all things front end and help us build a platform that is able to discover, classify and control data in arbitrary 3rd party cloud systems.
- You'll have free reign to choose the best tools & tech for the job, then help us build the platform, which will display huge amounts of deeply ingested, hierarchical data, with a slick UX.
- You'll solve complex problems - Dealing with huge volumes of data and figuring out how best to display info to customers in a smart way. Some fun (and challenging) data visualizations.
- We already have an in-house designer, who you'll have fun working alongside. We don't need you diving into the creative suit, you're here to architect & build.
- There is nothing done of the build already, and unlike a lot of people that make the claim, it really is greenfield. You will work with a small team of back-end focussed engineers who can work across the stack if needed, but who will rely heavily on you to decide what to build and then deliver it.
In 6 months we will have built and released a working product into the hands of paying customers. The product will have reusable components, be easy to change, and work quickly. You will have written code that has proven itself scalable to both a bigger development team and a growing customer base.
With a polyglot attitude, we are always striving to use the best available tools for the job. Our engineering team is currently two people and growing to 5. We can and do work across the stack, but our expertise lies on the backend, which is why we're hiring. We know Typescript, react, GraphQL, etc. and have worked with a variety of build tools. Ultimately it's up to you to understand what we're trying to do and choose the tech/ tools that are best for solving the problem. Additional characteristics we expect the entire Metomic team to demonstrate:
- Adaptability and flexibility in the ever-changing world of a start-up.
- Positivity and a can-do mindset when faced with new opportunities.
- Self-motivation and a sense of pride in achieving goals based on your own merit.
- An appetite for learning and intellectual curiosity.
- Comfort receiving and providing constructive criticism, which facilitates transparent collaboration.
Work from anywhere
A budget to setup your own workspace, wherever you are
Private medical insurance, including therapy
£400 every year to spend on educational courses
A good salary with equity
- 1 hour introductory discussion (30 mins head of people + 30 mins CTO)
- 2 hour tech assessment (2 hour takehome OR 2 hour pairing)
- 1-2 hours meeting the rest of the team