This is Mous. (Pronounced 'mouse' not ‘moose’!) We innovate solutions to everyday problems, create industry-leading tech accessories and produce the best possible experience for our customers. Whether you’re a mountain climber or a software designer, you can trust our accessories to protect and enhance the tech you use every day - no matter what your everyday looks like.
When we first started, we realised that there were some beautiful phone cases on the market but they offered absolutely no protection for our phones, and the cases which were durable and hardy were ugly. We were inspired to develop a range of phone cases that were extremely protective and immaculately crafted. Since then, we’ve honed, developed and enhanced our products so that they expand the things you can do with your technology. From connecting your phone case to a world of bespoke accessories to creating a range of magnetically-optimised wireless chargers, we dream big. There’s no need to imagine a future where you can do more with your tech accessories. We already have.
We think that it’s not just what you do, it’s how you do it that counts - we make big claims about what our products can do, and we’re not afraid to back them up with real proof. We always say that we believe in show, not tell. That’s where you come in…
About the role:
We're growing our E-Commerce team at Mous and looking for a Front End Developer with a passion for building great user interfaces. Alongside our Senior Front End Developer, Max, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our customers and business by inventing, enhancing and building world-class websites, delivering results whilst working on exciting and challenging projects.
Your strong knowledge of and experience with great UX will directly impact how we design and build new features. As we're still a relatively small company, we work to tight deadlines, meaning you'll very quickly be able to witness the fruits of your labour on our sites.
You'll work alongside our Marketing, Data and Brand&Creative teams to drive our brand forward, shaping and progressing our brand proposition and perception through our websites. As a D2C business, a high-performing and thoroughly tested website is crucial to our long-term strategic growth objectives, making you a fundamental part of Mous's success.
- Our UX across our four Shopify sites (UK, EU, US and ROW).
- The development of new UI elements across our four Shopify sites.
- The tasks you take on during each sprint.
First three months:
Find out exactly what skills, experience, and qualifications you'll need to succeed in this role before applying below.
- Taking an enthusiastic and proactive approach to learning Shopify and E-Commerce team operations.
- Completing a thorough deep-dive into our codebase and gaining a solid understanding of our development process.
- Confidently completing sprints using the correct syntax and methodology.
- Integrating external applications.
- Building features such as templates, landing pages, delivery search tools.
- Testing and evaluating changes made to the site.
- Troubleshooting and debugging.
- Working on 3rd party tools.
- Cross-browser testing.
Six months to a year:
- Become the true voice of our E-Commerce team when it comes to UX/UI.
- You'll be fully-familiarised with our Shopify eco-system, completing sprints and tasks autonomously.
- Collaborating with the wider E-Commerce team and taking the lead on all things UX/UI in team meetings.
- Confidently prioritising tasks aligned with individual, department and company-level objectives.
- Implementing high-performing UX/UI improvements with the ability to measure the impact on user engagement.
- Effectively communicating technical challenges to the broader business, particularly to non-technical stakeholders and project managers.
- Regularly researching opportunities to improve site performance and speed.
- Continuing to code, test and troubleshoot!
Experiences & Skills:
- Well-versed in version control tools (GIT).
- Experience working with design software such as Figma and/or Sketch.
- An ability to understand common UX patterns with an ability to identify and mitigate UX design risks early in the development process.
- Experience using CSS methodologies, specifically BEM.
- A basic understanding using linting tools such as ESLint and StyleLint.
- Use your strong communication skills to manage both internal stakeholders (ensuring your voice is heard and you are able to effectively articulate your vision).
- Use your extreme attention to detail to spot errors both in your code and on our websites.
- Use your initiative to source opportunities for continuous improvement in your own work and in team processes.
- Use your excellent time management abilities to prioritise daily tasks in accordance with overarching company goals.
- Above all, you'll be curious and hungry to learn in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience using Shopify and Liquid.
- Experience working with Vue.js.
- Experience developing and managing RESTful APIs (Node + Express).
- Previous experience in a UX-focused Front End Development role
- A competitive starting salary
- A steep learning curve with the chance to make a tangible impact within a growing business
- Regular team socials - we've done a virtual Crystal Maze, Musical Bingo and a Murder Mystery all whilst being remote!
- Charlie HR perks package including discounts on hundreds of high street brands and services
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30% discount for F&F on all Mous products
- Huge opportunities for career progression in a high-growth start-up. Dream big, work hard and make things happen!