Front End Developer
Location – Cambridge
Vacancies: One position available
Type: Full time, permanent
What we are looking for:
We have a small-team philosophy and set the bar high: fewer, high-quality developers and software engineers can achieve far better results than a larger team of average developers. You'll be glad to know good developers will be reviewing your code, and that you won't be carrying weaker colleagues with your hard work.
- Experience with Vue, React or similar (we're leaning towards Vue).
- Modern CSS, including flexbox, grid, animations and media queries (we use SASS).
- Clean, semantic HTML.
- Git (we use GitHub heavily).
- An analytical, problem-solving mind
- Ability to communicate well with the wider team
- UI component mockup and wireframing experience with tools such as Figma or Sketch.
- Ability to do nifty things with SVGs.
- Experience with native mobile development and/or progressive web apps.
- Webpack, Gulp or Grunt.
- Testing and linting: Mocha, Selenium, Chromeless, Puppeteer.
- Pixel and vector manipulation in Photoshop, Illustrator or equivalents.
- Experience with mocking APIs (REST or maybe GraphQL).
- Knowledge of the NodeJS ecosystem.
- 20 days leave which increases to 25 days after first year
- 3% employer contribution to pension, increasing to 4% in 2019
- Courses / training where an employee wants it or needs it for personal development.
- Plenty of fruit and snacks in the office, with great coffee too
- Awesome people and Friday office drinks
At SyndicateRoom we’ve built the leading early stage investment platform in the UK and are now looking to extend beyond our product into building a cutting edge, highly scalable, rapidly developing, financial ecosystem.
We’re a social, relaxed, flexible and hardworking team, located in the centre of Cambridge at the Pitt Building. We launched the platform a little over four years ago and have gone from strength to strength. We’ve got an amazing office, loaded with great coffee, regularly topped up with snacks (mostly healthy), Friday beers and monthly larger outings.
Send a CV and short cover letter. Be sure to include an example of your work, for example by providing a link to your GitHub account.