We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to support a comprehensive contract in place in Etch area on the customer site, performing installation and contract support of our systems. Technical support to Etch area including the following family but not only: Flex, Kiyo, Metal, Coronus, Syndion, V2, e4/e5 TM. Support excellence to this installed base as a primary or secondary engineer, interfacing with customers:
- Drive break and fix activities, targeted CIP proposal and projects.
- Propose and implement cost-saving activities when possible.
- Troubleshoot and repair electro-mechanical problems.
- Perform upgrades, drive and complete startups, PM's, and upgrades on multiple platforms.
- Drive escalations: Be the first point of contact with the customer up to the management level.
- Setup and drive conference calls with local team, management, regional or global product support groups as needed.
- Document and present action plans (internal & external), daily escalation updates to the customer.
- Drive escalations through resolution and document lessons learnt.
- Drive quality investigations and problem reports when needed.
- Plan and execute the installation of Lam equipment: Be a primary actor of tool configuration, Gantt chart definition, customer facilities requirements and delivery.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical instruction and mentoring for Engineer Level 1 and 2.
- May Provide on-site instruction to sub-contractors and customers.
- Professionally represent the company to the customer.
- Be committed to customer satisfaction and develop good customer relations by maintaining standards of conduct acceptable to both Lam and customers.
- Present escalation action plans and status
- BS degree in electronics, engineering or other applicable fields of study and a minimum of 5 years of work experience or Associates degree with +6 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of semiconductor capital equipment adhering to company procedures.
- Work in a constrictive clean room environment, wearing appropriate personal protective safety equipment.
- Able to work rapidly for prolonged periods of time, including bending, stooping, reaching, walking, sitting and standing in one location.
- Understand and work from electrical and mechanical schematics and diagrams.
- Ability to interpret operation manuals to determine the root cause of tool failures.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and data analysis tools.
- Work independently, cooperatively in a team or with customers completing assignments with minimal supervision and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Adhere to customer rules and policies regarding worksite behavior and safety.
- Able to travel frequently
- Technical skills: Flex, Kiyo, Metal, Coronus, Syndion, V2, e4/e5 TM.
- Fluent French and English
We believe it is important for every person to feel valued, included, and empowered to achieve their full potential. By bringing unique individuals and viewpoints together, we achieve extraordinary results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.