Take ownership for customer Installations & Service activities
As a Field Service Engineer, you will play a vital role onsite with our customers. Leading the installation and maintenance activities, you will work with customers to troubleshoot issues and ensure safe and compliant installations. You will be the onsite expert, continually developing your knowledge and skills to deliver innovative solutions for customers.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical direction for site activities to internal teams and skilled labour to ensure safety, compliance and quality
- Overseeing, overhaul, troubleshooting, commissioning and start-up of rotating equipment (BH TPS portfolio products) at customer sites according to your specialization:CONTROL & Instrumentation – SPEEDTRONIC MARK family; Woodward Micronet; PLC MECH & BoP – AERO GT; Heavy Duty GT; Centrifugal Compressor; Steam Turbines; Reciprocating Compressor; Pumps & Turbo Expander
- Preparing and updating technical documentation, plans, daily and weekly briefing reports for customers and internal cross-functional teams
- Ensuring internal training, compliance and quality documentation is updated, followed and completed according to company standards
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of the installation and maintenance of rotating equipment according with your specialization
- Have experience working in the energy or oil and gas market (or similar)
- Display a strong customer service-orientation mindset, experienced leading customers through tough decisions
- Be skilled at communicating complex technical information to customers and teams with varying levels of technical understanding
- Have a strong awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental compliance and potential risks
- Quality mindset and high sense of accountabilty
- Be a motivated self-starter and be able to make key decisions and innovate solutions
- Have excellent command and understanding of verbal and written English and Italian
- Hold an EU Passport or a European Work permit
- Be ready to travel significantly (up to 70%) without geographical restriction, including offshore facilities
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- This role is working with our customer on-site in locations across the world. When onsite, you will have the flexibility to work in line with customer working patterns. When projects are complete, we offer you the opportunity to take extended leave before you take on your next project.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
The Good Stuff
We believe in rewarding our people with a package that reflects how much we value their input.