Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone, we provide simple and affordable space missions using nanosatellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite qb01 in only four months, followed by its launch and deployment in LEO early April 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2018. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domain.
The following job opportunity is available:
Description of the position
The successful candidate will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be responsible of the procurement and management related to Open Cosmos facilities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Find, assess, establish and maintain the relationship with facilities assets and service suppliers
- Provide input into the assessment of locations, properties and facilities to suit the company expansion plans
- Manage the day to day running of the company facilities dealing with subcontracts and maintenance as required
- Provide input to achieve operational excellence in the production chain maximising the capabilities of the facilities
- Take initiative and work in a self-driven manner
- Embrace challenge and work outside of the comfort zone
- Commit to fulfil customer requirements and expectations
Skills, attitude and experience
- Proven experience in facilities management in a high tech production environment (automotive, defence, aerospace)
- Experience in location and building assessments for expansion
- Quick to learn and teach
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, openness and self-awareness
- lean / bootstrap mentality
Nice to have
- Space industry experience
- Network of contractors, suppliers and space sector professionals
- Language other than English
- Build Project Management Experience