Do you want to learn how to build a company? Do you have a strong interest in health-tech and how the health industry is developing? Do you have an outgoing attitude, enjoy challenges that allow you to grow, and have a highly-structured approach towards your tasks? Do you enjoy taking on responsibilities? If so, apply to join our Entrepreneur-in-Residence program where you will work and learn directly from our CEO in Vienna.
Medicus is an AI-based platform that explains and interprets medical reports and health data, turning numbers into meaningful insights. Medicus works with healthcare companies to deliver smart features and insights to both doctors, in terms of smart testing and diagnosis support, and to patients in the form of visual and interactive reports, powering continuous healthcare and coaching across all digital platforms.
As Entrepreneur-in-Residence, you own a range of exciting projects and work on them in close collaboration with our CEO and the extended management team. You will have insights into the overall strategic matters and naturally gravitate towards responsibilities that make you want to wake up in the morning.
- Assist in the fundraising process, including the support of investors/VCs, fielding their questions and requests, and walking them through the due diligence process
- Support with investor relations, including investor updates and communication
- Work on projects involving either new product tracks, segments, new markets or partnerships (entrepreneur-in-residence work), this involves working with internal resources or third parties
- Representation of Medicus at business relevant events, conferences and fairs, including giving pitches, talks, and initial introductions
- Support with market research, intelligence gathering and outreach
- Screening, selection, coordination, and support of go-to-market and/or distribution partners
- Support with client-related work, including communication, follow-up, and high-level project management support as well as research of best practice key account management/customer service and setting up internal process
- Support in implementing new initiatives internally, including scalable processes, tools and guidelines
- Support with creating and updating documents and decks across different functions (mainly sales and marketing related)
- It’s not important what you’ve studied exactly, but that you have a strong interest in fundraising and the business side of running and scaling a startup
- You love thinking holistically and outside the box if needed, and are passionate about what Medicus stands for
- You are hungry to learn and eager to accelerate your professional and personal growth
- You have a strong sense of ownership and truly care about projects that are entrusted to you
- You embrace challenges joyfully, and approach them with a solution-oriented mindset
- You have an outgoing attitude, interactive character and empathetic sense for stakeholder needs
- Your excellent time management skills and solution-oriented mindset allow you to excel at managing several projects simultaneously
- You like to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change effortlessly
- Your English and German are fluent (and the fluency in an additional language is a plus)
- Preferably you’ve gathered some working experience in the healthcare, health-tech or digital health industry already
What we offer
- You’ll play a significant role supporting our CEO in overall strategic matters, as well as the Series B fundraising and expansion in Europe
- You’ll be part of an international, fast-growing and highly forward-thinking health tech company that aims to challenge and change the way we think about health
- The freedom to execute own ideas from the first day on. Your contribution to the bigger picture is a must-have, not nice-to-have
- Collaboration with an international team with many years of experience building companies and products with great user experience
- An attractive compensation package
- Working in an environment that aims to accelerate your professional and personal growth and plan your next career moves as you graduate from the EiR program
For your application please submit your CV and cover letter/video addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want to work in healthcare?
- Which tasks of this position would you like the most and why?
- What do you imagine your job at Medicus to look like (short bullet points)?
- Bonus question: If you could replace one task of this position, which one would you replace and what would you replace it with?