Engineering | Zurich, Switzerland | Full-time
What you tell your family you do:
I'm building the world’s largest open source drone ecosystem by making sure all engineering projects deliver and are running on time like a Swiss watch. No, I will not deliver you a pizza with a drone (yet)!“
What you really do:
As an Engineering Project Manager at Auterion you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing a state-of-the-art flight stack and cloud solution. As a hands-on leader, you’ll help the team fulfil technical, operational, and business requirements. You will own project management of multiple projects comprising Auterion engineers and community developers. You will play a key role in helping Auterion deliver its products in time and on budget.
In detail you will:
- Work closely together with the Co-founders and Head of Engineering on scoping the projects, aligning budget and timelines.
- Define, track, analyze, influence, communicate and own key metrics of simultaneous engineering efforts.
- Draw up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of the project and making sure that each stage of the project is progressing on time and on budget
- Be the connection point between the product managers and account managers and the engineering and customer support team internally.
- Apply state-of-the-art Project Management standards and monitor progress and performance against the project plan.
- Own and present the engineering project plan to all stakeholders internally and keeping everyone at the company updated on the progress.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have at least 4 years relevant experience as software engineer.
- In addition, you have at least 2 years relevant experience managing a software engineering team.
- You have a solid technical background, ideally a degree in Electrical, Computer/Software Engineering or similar fields from a great institution.
- You have worked the latest technologies: Robotics, Drones, IoT, Edge Computing, Computer Vision, Real Time MCUs.
- You are motivated by being part of a young startup with the ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative, innovative environment, managing multiple simultaneous efforts to drive them to completion. We will really challenge you on this!
- You are assertive and are a critical thinker and are able to challenge the status quo with your new plan.
- Your intrinsically motivated by getting things done and you are able to lead your project to completion.
- Experience in managing an open source community is a plus.
What you will find at Auterion:
- A well-funded Silicon Valley style startup in the heart of Switzerland in Zurich’s bustling city life as well as near the natural beauty of the country and – of course – the Swiss Alps.
- A highly motivated and passionate team that has a 10-year long track record of driving the global drones ecosystem to the next level.
- Concrete learning and development opportunities and the chance to independently drive your area of responsibility and further grow the role.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan.
Please apply for this role through our Careers page: https://auterion.com/jobs/open-positions/