Caring for the world one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that is anchored in the internationally applicable Credo.
We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We have more than 260 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 135,000 people. Our worldwide headquarters is in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Janssen Vaccines in Bern (Switzerland) belongs to the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Janssen is an organization of over 30,000 professionals working passionately to prevent, treat, cure and stop some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time.
In Bern, about 400 people of over 25 nationalities work together with the wider Janssen organization and partners on the development, manufacturing and analytical testing of novel vaccines and bacteria-based pharmaceutical products.
We are committed to bringing meaningful innovation to global health by combating major threats to the health of people worldwide.
The Technical Services department supports the development and production of biological active ingredients at the Bern location within Janssen.
The main customers are the internal departments such as Operations, Development and QC. These units mainly focus on the development of new drugs and the production of clinical trial material.
The technical service team is responsible for safe, high-quality and cost-effective procurement and operation within the statutory and internal J&J requirements over the entire life cycle of production and infrastructure systems.
Support the Engineering department in the field of Maintenance for a proper set up of the respective CapEx projects incl.
Optimizing system availability
- Act as a single-point of contact between the departments to plan and schedule project activities
- Collect requests by the Engineering department and take required steps for implementation respectively recommending suitable actions
- Provide guidance related to maintenance requirements by reflecting them back to the Engineering department
- Perform field work, start-up of equipment / systems, FAT
- Perform process calculations / performance specifications
- Develop and prepare solutions within the interfaced areas
- Work with engineers and equipment owners as well as external providers to create the right maintenance plans, task lists at the site
- Conduct investigations to troubleshoot problems and leads changes to correct them
- Support general administrative and organizational activities within department
- Support the organization to guarantee the technical qualified status according to the current given internal and external requirements supporting the specific qualification owner
Who we are looking for
- Technical degree (TS, HTL) as Process / System Engineer (preferably mechanical, electrical, industrial, chemical) or similar subject
- Proven track record in the field of maintenance preferably with project management experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Technical skills in the construction area
- Experience working with different stakeholders, internally and externally
- Preferably experience withing regulated industry (GxP)
- Experience in CMMS systems
- Sound knowledge in SAP and experience with various IT-tools and systems, especially MS Office
- Strong communication skills at different hierarchical levels
- Skills in time and self-management
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good communication in German and English
This role-based in Bern, Switzerland will initially be limited to approx. 12 months. If you are interested in working for a global leading health care company in a challenging role, then send us your application in English today.