algrano is a Swiss tech startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionise the centuries old coffee trade industry and make it more transparent. Through the algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by European Coffee Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world and just raised CHF 2 Mio. in funding to make algrano the #1 direct coffee trading platform worldwide.
As an end-to-end service designer, your role is to improve the algrano experience for coffee roasters and coffee producers around the world. You will closely collaborate with Christian (our Product Manager) and Lieselot (our Digital Marketing Manager), as well as Fabio and Zmago (our in-house Software Team) who covers the front- and backend development. Our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap and a customized template. The platform is hosted on heroku. Your work products don’t need to be pixelready, the focus lies on identifying relevant improvements.
Your tasks will include:
- Conduct user research to understand customer needs, validate assumptions and drive our product strategy
- Proactively identify and implement ways to improve the algrano experience and strengthen our brand
- Lead the design process through ideation, research, prototyping and wireframing
You study people’s behaviour in great detail and know how to draw conclusions from your observations! Your friends don’t like to go out with you because you always find ways how to improve the experience! You’re constantly measuring your activities and are almost obsessive about improving your results!
Your strengths include:
- Asking the right questions
- Observing and listening
- Drawing conclusions and translating them into processes and workflows
- Visualizing ideas and solutions
Your experience, background and skills:
- Most importantly, you have designed and improved end-to-end services in the digital world before. Tell us about it no matter if this was a professional or private project
- You have a background in anything that involves qualitative research (from design to anthropology)
- You have 2+ years of relevant work experience in a digital service company
- You’re hands-on, flexible, curious to do things you have never done before and able to learn fast
- You are eligible for a working visa in Switzerland
Bonus points for
- Knowledge of digital wireframe tools (please tell us which ones)
- Experience with SCRUM or other agile methodologies and Design Thinking
- Tech lovers
- Graphic design skills
Why work for algrano?
- You will be part of a growing and talented team that is united around a mission
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities
- We’re dedicated but know that you also have a life. That’s why we offer flexible working hours, home office on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 5 weeks of holidays
- Amazing coffee for free, all day long
- Last but not least, we offer a competitive salary and participation in our stock option plan
Fill out our application form that includes
- A few questions about you
- Your CV