Amazon is looking for an experienced EMEA Regional Logistics Manager to own the transportation of IT assets across various programs. This is an exciting opportunity to make history by becoming a founding member of a team whose purpose is to solve complex challenges creating unprecedented customer experiences on a daily basis. This role will require working with business teams across the company and around the world to figure out supply chain solutions for new products/programs and existing operations.
· The primary function is to define and deliver global solutions that aid in the speed and scalability of OpsTech IT and our global operations partners.
· This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with business, operations, and tech stakeholders, while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment with all levels of leadership and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist.
· The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex logistics challenges and possess a bias to get things done and deliver results.
· Managing Logistics Specialists, shipping and receiving clerks at multiple RAD locations.
· Lead, Educate, and Develop team members
· Daily communication with transportation providers and internal inventory stakeholders at Amazon.
· Managing the transportation of Amazon IT assets (both inbound and outbound) including international shipments
· Track/trace shipments to resolve issues that arise during transportation
· Working with the customs team to ensure proper documentation is followed on all shipments
· Providing proactive reporting to customers and key stakeholders
· Developing transportation plans for new projects that arise
· Innovating for step-change improvement in safety, quality, cost, and other KPI metrics
· Collaborating with key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives.
· Executing strategic business objectives while working with key internal stakeholders to improve the supply chain with the latest internal and external information.
· Participating in QBR’s and vendor score-carding to ensure adherence to cost and business objective
· Ownership of all results within your region.
· Engaging current transportation providers to strengthen the partnerships while identifying potential new provider.
· Travel domestically 30%
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Transportation from an accredited university.
· 5+ years’ experience in Supply Chain Logistics or Transportation.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically with attention to detail.
· Embrace a start-up mentality and emphasize “have fun”.
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
· Skills to work independently with little oversight.
· Ability to build out processes for operations.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences in English.
· Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
· Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment focused on innovation.
· Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
· Demonstrated aptitude to influence teams outside of reporting structure.
· Proven talent to lead a team spread out over various locations.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences in Spanish and/or German.