Are you an embedded microcontroller focused expert, interested in new tech and (for example) the latest SoCs or OLED displays that no one has seen before?
We have a new embedded role where you get to actually see your device run, taking pride in writing the firmware for something innovative and visible and actually useful! Read on..
We are changing the world!
trinamiX (www.trinamixsensing.com), is a software and hardware product company developing revolutionary technologies designed to help humans and machines capture and understand the world, for smarter decision-making and increased security.
- With our headquarters in Germany and offices in Shenzhen, Taipei, Seoul and the US, trinamiX is a 250 person mature start-up , founded in 2015 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of BASF (a €60B, 100,000 person company which develops chemistry for a sustainable future).
- We benefit from the speed and spirit of a blossoming start-up with the experience and knowledge of a globally successful corporation.
- We are rapidly building cutting edge products to be shipped to our long growing list of customers worldwide.
Team : Electronics & Firmware
Inside Group Hardware, this team consists of several developers and two different product lines, Mobile Spectrometers with integrated microcontrollers, and Mobile Face Authentication.
There is tight interaction between the electronics team and suppliers (SOC, camera, LED, display, etc), while also working closely with our Application team, and Mechanics too.
While being a part of a 250 person company, the way we work resembles a start-up as we are implementing a more efficient, quality minded process incorporating test automation, test planning and API definition.
As Embedded Software Developer you will help shape our next generation of instruments. With our mobile spectrometers, we bring the lab directly to the user on site.
In this role:
- You will develop code for spectrometers with integrated microcontrollers, verify it and define validation plans that can be used internally or externally.
- You will develop software mockups or HIL systems to increase test coverage.
- You will also implement / develop algorithms for calibration, compensation and performance improvement as part of the team.
Furthermore, you will program drivers for customer-specific ASICs as well as hardware, working according to best practices in firmware design.
You will follow these processes: platform-based structured design, code reuse, firmware verification plans, file version control and bug tracking system.
Naturally you will carefully document all firmware specifications, reports, validation plans and patents.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in electrical engineering or technical computer science
- Experience in programming with C / C++ for embedded systems as well as knowledge in Azure DevOps, Git and Visual Studio
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on a team, methodical approach and structured work
Excellent English. German is a bonus
Benefits of working at trinamiX:
- We have a cool new technology that improves dramatically every year (you will be a key player in bringing this technology to a giant market)
- We combine the agility of a startup with the stable cash flow and infrastructure of a huge corporation
- Our technical team is international and multi-disciplinary (physicists, embedded developers, laser technicians, application developers, computer vision experts, )
- Health and wellbeing programs to help you achieve better health and work-life balance
- Exposure to a number of different markets and products.
- Hybrid working plans.
- Both technical and management professional advancement tracks
- Proximity to Pfälzerwald, Germany's largest forest and Heidelberg, one of Germany's most romantic cities.
To apply, please submit your English CV here. We look forward to meeting you!