Challenge – design next generation charging solution for e-bikes.
Come join a team that has the ambition to introduce the great universal charging solution for light electric vehicles. TILER is a young and ambitious company in the e-bike charging space, build on an academic project by the TU Delft introducing wireless charging for e-bikes. Our first product is a tile that charges an e-bike via the bicycle kickstand, making it wireless induction charging. This patented innovation provides many benefits, amongst others: no maze of different charging cables hanging around, rock solid design, easy installation, no ugly and expensive charging poles in the cityscape and last but not least always having a charged e-bike available.
We believe a sustainable growth of light electric vehicles is paired with an impeccable infrastructure. So, everybody can have a seamless travel experience without impacting the environment
As an electronic engineer you will design the heart of our product. You design, prototype, bring up and test electronics hardware. Your day to day responsibility is to design next iterations of this device for pilots, pre-production and eventually a TILER network with hundreds of thousands of tiles in many countries around the world.
What we offer you:
- Co-develop an innovative and game changing charging solution
- A team of A-players with technical people, professors and entrepreneurs.
- Co-working with the Department of Electrical Sustainable Energy of Delft University of Technology.
- An open engineering culture where you both build and design the technology.
- Flexible hours, work-from-home options and we also don't micromanage your vacation days.
- Office at YES!Delft, the most inspirational hardware startup campus in The Netherlands.
- Seminars for (power)electronics, EMC, firmware, cloud connection. According to the needs of the projects (may need to travel abroad for the seminar duration).
- You like challenges and provide solutions instead of asking questions.
- A hands-on pragmatic character.
- A BSc or master’s degree in Electrical/electronic Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience in a business minded engineering environment.
- Understanding of electronics and power electronics topologies (AC/DC and DC/DC converters is a must.)
- Understanding of digital and analog systems.
- Proven experience in PCB designing with software like Altium, Eagle etc etc.
- Proven record of PCB testing with voltages above 50 Volts.
- Have designed electronics according to standards after the prototyping phase
- Experience and will of creating the necessary documentation during the development phase.
- Experience in embedded systems and microcontroller (MCU) programming in C.
- Experience in Simulink Matlab, LTSpice and/or Pspice.
- The people skills required to work in a passionate, professional and client centered tech startup.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Motivation and drive. You like challenges and provide solutions instead of asking questions.
You might have
- To help assemble new prototypes and manage the blueprint for mass-production.
- To discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Understanding/knowledge of magnetics. This is a plus.
- Experience in LabView. This is a plus.
- Knowledge of standards like IEC 61000 (EMC and LVD Directives). This is a plus.
- Affinity with the electric vehicle industry or having worked in this industry. This is a plus.
About TILER Charge
We are a small startup with big ambitions. After years of research at TU Delft, the company TILER was founded December 2019. TILER is building an eclectic team of passionate, positive and seriously motivated guys and girls who want to make true impact. User centered innovation and creation of new products is what we like. We operate right at the center of themes like smart cities, smart mobility, clean tech. We believe in a sustainable growth of light electric vehicles. We have a can-do mentality and care about each other. We don’t want just a job; we want to do the impossible. www.TILERcharge.com
Come join a team that has the ambition to introduce the great universal LEV charging solution.
To accomplish our mission, you will need to be comfortable designing and testing many iterations with a very small team. As such it helps (though not required!) if you can show that you have worked on one or more other subjects like software engineering, 3D modelling, mechanical engineering, industrial design etc. Just make sure that if you've done it, that we can pick up on some of that stuff in your cover letter (video works too) or resume.
Send your job brief to [email protected], or call Olivier at +31 (0)6-54951472