The Electrical Engineer is responsible for providing project management of engineering capital and expense projects as assigned. Additionally, the Electrical Engineer works closely with department leaders to identify issues and opportunities and responds quickly to day-to-day operational issues as requested. He/She will also work closely with E&I Technicians for troubleshooting, maintenance and project work.
The Electrical Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Provide project management (in both a leadership and/or team member capacity) including the development, planning and execution of capital and expense projects as assigned.
- Develop knowledge and electrical & instrumentation expertise on tissue manufacturing/converting equipment, plant utilities and supporting equipment
- Establish and lead systems to support the transfer and integration of production data information, customization of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and assist with Human Machine Interface (HMI) customization for machine control
- Carry out job responsibilities in a safe manner. Review and ensure equipment/processes meet electrical safety codes, policies and guidelines.
- Develop expertise and lead Arc Flash, National Electrical Code and NFPA 70 requirements and compliance.
- Develop knowledge and expertise on electrical and process control systems including PLC’s, HMI’s, variable frequency drives, servo drives, sensors, and power distribution and protection systems.
- Support equipment installation and start-up activities. Provide electrical engineering leadership to resolve problems, troubleshoot, and optimize the installation process to meet project objectives and schedules.
- Support the definition, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of a documentation system for electrical drawings, PLC software, machine drive software, HMI software and other control system software.
- Develop and conduct training programs with operation, maintenance and engineering personnel to increase process knowledge, troubleshooting capability and understanding of electrical and process control systems
- Identify and solve process control system bottle-necks within the process.
- Develop technology approaches that support improved plant efficiency, process improvement, and manufacturing flexibility.
- Perform failure analysis of electrical equipment and controls to implement reliability improvement action items.
- Effectively track and manage project costs within established budgets.
- Develop and effectively communicate project status reports on an as required basis.
- Every employee must implement Corporate environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible to abide by legal and corporate environmental requirements and must adhere to all environmental procedures. Every employee is responsible to report all environmental incidents and any potential environmental hazards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years work experience in technical and industrial manufacturing assignments.
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical control systems on continuous production lines including PLC’s, variable frequency drives and process control systems, HMI, distributed control systems and power distribution
- Skilled with computer programs including PLC programming, MS Excel and MS Word
- Ability to work independently and to execute programs in a cross functional environment
- Ability to build relationships with vendors and suppliers on a national basis as well as in local areas
- Hands-on approach, strong understanding of electrical processes combined with technical knowledge
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code, NFPA 70
- Ability to stay educated on the latest computer and software technologies, along with multiple specialty vendor product offerings
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to conduct training programs and make group presentations
- Ability to plan and organize work activities, manage work time efficiently and work independently
- Must have proven complex analytical skills as well as the ability to develop sound recommendations and solutions
- Ability to partner with managers and employees to positively impact business results
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Consistent track record for executing performance objectives and delivering results
- Must maintain a high energy as well as a pleasant and professional demeanor
- Key Competencies including: candor/integrity, influencing & building partnerships, team work, accountability, problem solving, and customer focus
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
Company is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.